Back boiler in bedroom? | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back boiler in bedroom? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going on, and on, and on.
It is black and white!
The appliance is leaking gas or spilling combustion fumes into the property.....this is ID! You cap off with permission.
A back boiler in a bedroom that is working perfectly safely while you are present is at the very worst going to be AR. You ask permission to switch off the appliance, get paperwork signed, fully explain the potential dangers, sell them a CO alarm.
Job done!

tongue in cheek note but those that can Do, those that cant teach and those that cant teach, teach PE

All I remember from the navy training is the PTIs screaming "THIS POSITION READY" and then making us do some more tortuous exercises. When one finshed for the morning my query of " I bet your missus loves you of an evening, this position ready, and one and two and three" earned me a lot more exercising practice, no sense of humour with PTIs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
tongue in cheek note but those that can Do, those that cant teach and those that cant teach, teach PE

Or the way I look at it now, I've been carrying ( cast iron to start with) baths and radiators up 3 flights of stairs for over 30 yrs, so I think its time I described how to do it rather than actually do it, oh and did I mention I started 8 weeks or so holiday last week?

Or the way I look at it now, I've been carrying ( cast iron to start with) baths and radiators up 3 flights of stairs for over 30 yrs, so I think its time I described how to do it rather than actually do it, oh and did I mention I started 8 weeks or so holiday last week?

took you a while to see the light then:)

Sorry to add more!
Just thinking about your customer's point of view:

I think AR & ID sound like more or less the same thing when you explain it to the end user (to anyone who is not a gas engineer) - OMG this fire could ill me.

HSE expect Landlords to read their website.
Gas safety - landlords and letting agents
It says:
Can a room containing a gas appliance still be used as a bedroom?

Since 31 October 1998, any room converted to use as sleeping accommodation should not contain the following types of gas appliances:

1. A gas fire, gas space heater or a gas water heater (including a gas boiler) over 14 kilowatts gross input unless it is room sealed.
  2. A gas fire, gas space heater, or a gas water heater (including a gas boiler) of 14 kilowatts gross input or less or any instantaneous water heater unless it is room sealed or has an atmosphere-sensing device.
If a room contains one or more of the above appliances and was used as a bedroom prior to 1998 then you will need to do a risk assessment to determine if it can still be used as a bedroom. If you are unsure of the safety of any gas appliance you should get a Gas Safe registered engineer to check it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Cadent can only guarantee 14mbar in periods of...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Hi , At the risk of hijacking this thread I am...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back