Back boiler to condensing boiler swap | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Back boiler to condensing boiler swap in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BBquinn

I live in Edinburgh and have received a quote for swapping my old back boiler, 23 years old with a new condensing combi boiler, as I know the Baxi Bermuda I have is really inefficient, and my gas bill is £100/month! Also Scottish Gas are refusing to cover it. I'm guessing it's too much risk for them?

Been quoted £2950, and £3500, and £7000. The last quote being from Scottish Gas.

Obviously I'm most interested in the cheapest price, especially as it comes with 10 year boiler cover.

This is for everything.

New boiler, old water tank and back boiler removal, power
flush, magna clean, wireless thermostat. All pipes and install. With
a 10 year boiler warranty.

Does this sound like. Decent price range or not?

What boiler?

I would consider biting his hand off...

What do the other quotes offer to make them wildly different?

In response though, aye mate 3K is about what I'd charge for all the stuff on your list and I'm in Edinburgh :)

I think I'm going to go for the cheapest one. Dosen't seem to be any difference between the price. Definately not going for the Scottish Gas quote, what a rip off. The 2nd quote, the £3500, is for a worcester bosch junior with 5 years cover and the £2950 is for a Vokera Vision with 10 years cover.

In my opinion i would go for the one for £3500 installing the Worcester Bosch, Vokera stick this 10 year warranty tag on it but manufacturers try there hardest to get out of the warranties so will be checking the condition of the water etc even after 8 years on a call out and if that isnt treated they will charge for the repairs. My way of thinking has been fit only Vaillant and Worcesters, but im pig headed so.

I think I'm going to go for the cheapest one. Dosen't seem to be any difference between the price. Definately not going for the Scottish Gas quote, what a rip off. The 2nd quote, the £3500, is for a worcester bosch junior with 5 years cover and the £2950 is for a Vokera Vision with 10 years cover.

So they are not for the same thing one is for a far cheaper boiler.

If your going to go with either of those I would go with worcester. Your more than likely need to use there aftercare at some point at least worcester have a decent aftercare service. I wouldnt have a vokera in my house if you paid me. Had nothing but problems with them.

10 year warranty?
if they honor it after 5 years i would be surprised.

get chappy to give you a quote for a proper job

A Worcester Junior? Unless you're in a flat i'd avoid that guy immediately. Also avoid the Vokera.

Get some more quotes.

Baxi still got 10 years, first I've herd Vokera offering 10 years, you need to see proof of that one.

I'd get a quote with a better boiler for starters??
pbaxi do 10 years for the record

Yeah. So I've found a company that'll do the same price, £2950, a Baxi Duotec boiler, with 10 tear warranty on a 5 year 0% financed deal. This is the one I'm going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this summary advice ... I have...
Replies
Views
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, A friend of mine no longer needed a...
Replies
Views
malex83
M
Back