Ball park figure for a flush | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ball park figure for a flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

It's been seven years since I worked for a company where we did power flushing but from memory the cost then was £400 for up to 10 rads and another £20 per rad over that base figure so £600 for a 20 rad system. Add in yearly increases in prices of everything and your price starts to look very fair, provided all is done correctly.

The problem here is that, done properly, it is a long job. But we all know that loads of boilers are changed in a half day. Including a PF..........

The problem here is that, done properly, it is a long job. But we all know that loads of boilers are changed in a half day. Including a PF....

When I worked for iguana many moons ago I was doing a boiler change and a powerflush in a day leaving home at 6am getting home 9-10pm really screwed me over and was knackered constantly.

We had an area meeting and they said 1 bloke Leicester way I think was doing 2 jobs a day I asked how the hell they could do that and a power flush as I was just starting installing the boiler at 3pm due to the flush 1 of the other lads said your doing a flush why you doing that!

When I worked for iguana many moons ago I was doing a boiler change and a powerflush in a day leaving home at 6am getting home 9-10pm really screwed me over and was knackered constantly.

We had an area meeting and they said 1 bloke Leicester way I think was doing 2 jobs a day I asked how the hell they could do that and a power flush as I was just starting installing the boiler at 3pm due to the flush 1 of the other lads said your doing a flush why you doing that!

Did the job spec for them all include a PF?

Haha... iguana! The happy days of warmfront. I worked for ECGS, but me and team use to install full heats in a day. I feel your woes, it killed me too

But money was good... very good, mind you I earned it

Iguana and EAGA where terrible installs, thrown in at high cost to the government.

And the customer. My last job for them was a heat only swap. The customer asked me how much I thought job should cost I said max £1800 she apparently had to put £1000 and she was given over £2000 I said you've been ripped of completely said to the manager I cant RIP people off.

Haha... iguana! The happy days of warmfront. I worked for ECGS, but me and team use to install full heats in a day. I feel your woes, it killed me too

But money was good... very good, mind you I earned it

It was good money if you got the right jobs. Some of them were terrible jobs and short timescales

I was actually top of the leader board for years, with no call backs. I even had letters/ emails for fantastic work. There were other just as good installers.

But I agree, there were lots of wankers... who didn’t give a flying hoot

Careful HF, don’t tar everyone with the same brush. My installs were lovely and perfectly correct in every possible way.
To be fair I knew a bloke who used to work for ecgs and he was very quick and very good at his job too. When he first subbied to us I couldn't believe how quick he threw pipes in.

Careful HF, don’t tar everyone with the same brush. My installs were lovely and perfectly correct in every possible way.
Nothing to do with engineers mate. All to do with the companies themselves.

Back