Ball Park Price Please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silver box on top. It looks like a cheap diverter valve.
Random question. You haven’t changed the timer recently have you?

The silver thing on top is new today

Flomasta or something

Sorry really thick again how do i change the timer?

Thanks a lot for all the replies i really appreciate it

I would do valves as well so full drain down. Check to see if it is spinning first.

Put it this way the pumps the same age as me :D

The silver box on top. It looks like a cheap diverter valve.
Random question. You haven’t changed the timer recently have you?

Think screwfix special

That looks new. When was it fitted? Also when you put the heating on by itself does the hot water light come on as well at the same time?

Ok. So excuse my bluntness but if that is the case. Then you should clearly be able to have the hot water and heating on separately. I have just read your first few posts again and you say that you have to have the water on to get heating. This would point to a faulty diverter valve. I have had new cheap diverter valves faulty straight out of the box. Did he go and get the valve or was it on his van. I would ask him how long it has been on the van also.

Ok. So excuse my bluntness but if that is the case. Then you should clearly be able to have the hot water and heating on separately. I have just read your first few posts again and you say that you have to have the water on to get heating. This would point to a faulty diverter valve. I have had new cheap diverter valves faulty straight out of the box. Did he go and get the valve or was it on his van. I would ask him how long it has been on the van also.

It's not wired so he can't tell atm

No bluntness at all mate, no worries

That new one replaced an old one that he thought was jammed or bust hence why I couldn’t get heating without the hot water being on

He put the new valve on today (flomasta) but couldn’t wire it up as his mate the sparky didn’t show unfortunately

Looking at what's been done I would be looking at using another Plumber, one who can do the wiring, (Simple wiring) what with your guys charge plus that of a sparks , get that pump & Valves replaced as well , Don't mind me asking what are you being charged for this ? and its still not working.

I haven’t paid him yet! Sad I won’t until it’s working

At the moment I have hot water but only two rads functioning (the two closest to the cylinder). The rest are mixture of cold and luke warm

Some fill pipes are scalding to touch others are cold

Think it’s a pump issue?

I haven’t paid him yet! Sad I won’t until it’s working

At the moment I have hot water but only two rads functioning (the two closest to the cylinder). The rest are mixture of cold and luke warm

Some fill pipes are scalding to touch others are cold

Think it’s a pump issue?

Just think you need to call someone in who knows what they are doing, this guy is a waste of time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Plumb centre charged me £28 for a vaillant...
Replies
Views
N
Agree with the above insulation and windows...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes I totally agree. I'm convinced this has...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back