Band b boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Band b boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulmort

Are you allowed to re site an existing band b boiler from kitchen to airing cupboard ?

no your not under regs, generally band a req as classsed as new installation

Do what you like. The band A polis won't come knocking the door.

what will gas safe say if your found out?

at the end of the day you can only advise custard. if they cannot afford a new boiler no one (including GS) can make them buy one.

p.s i dont think they really care anyway.:tongue3:

p.ps i don't think they care as long as its safe.:frown2:

ppp.s i dont think they care at all as long as engineers keep paying subs :tounge_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
no not allowed end of story imho ,you could get a neighbour grass you up

Here we go again gas safe don't do this,gas safe don't care,it is not their remit or area ,as long as a band 'A',band 'B' or ban 'Y',is installed correctly and safety ,it leaves their shores

It is the concern of the local council and their building control dept and the the powers that be,that know we will not be able to afford all this fuel we import in a few years..well we can not now really

I would say they have no right saying you can not move your existing boiler,I would move it in decent enough nick,nothing will happen,as said no band 'A' boogy men police will come round and even if building control did, as it is not really a new installation with a new band 'B' boiler,nothing would happen

The thing to ask yourself is how much longer has the existing boiler got,pointless paying to get it moved and the having to pay for a new boiler to be fitted again in a few years,may as well spend the money on a new boiler now and start saving on the bills,gas and any future repairs,these 5 year warrantees make that option look good

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
it is classed as a new installation and hence cannot be used imho

As of 1st August 2011 Gassafe added energy efficiency including boiler banding and zoning to their remit

no your not under regs, generally band a req as classsed as new installation
Which regs, serious question not arguing, interested as I recently moved one, just because it is in one room and it needs moving there's no need to re-register with the manufacturer, so why should BR be concerned.

cant remember of hand think its building reg/. there is a post last year that covers it someone else may quote it, try a search for the thread.

the answer to the op 'q' was can or cant = answer is no you cant.

i moved a band g the other week, but there we go again.lol.

No matter what the building regs say, (and it is a building reg, not a gas reg) if someone wants to move their perfectly good conditioned fully functioning boiler, no matter what band, who is going to stop them or you from doing it. No one. Nobody is interested. No one will care and nothing will ever happen.
Go to fit a band A boiler and the customer declines the extra cost of trv's so you fit it without the upgrade,. What will happen? Nothing.
In the ideal world every time someone's boiler broke down i would sell them a new one but unfortunately most people can't afford it so common sense (something we are running short of these days) must prevail.
If you don't do it someone else will. Do the job, make the checks, take the money and forget it.

It's not classed as a new installation it's an alteration to an existing therefore it's allowed

It's not classed as a new installation it's an alteration to an existing therefore it's allowed

Now that is more to my way of thinking, you don't tell BR which wall you have put it on just it's been installed

I know its a stupid rule but you cannot move an old boiler to a new location regardless of what anyone here says

Everybody says its a reg but know one seems to know for sure where it is or if in fact 'it' actually exists

after all, its not a new install on system just re-location.
as long as it complys its ok.
imo

I agree to a certain extent , but you cannot move an older boiler it is against building regs or the like , broken record comes to mind lol

I can't see what the problem us here. The boiler is already fitted. And it's being moved. It's not a new install, its an old boiler

Gas safe won't care
Nobody will care.
You might get green peace knocking the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Ha, yes funny that. As with gas the rating of...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
    • Love
    • Agree
    • Funny
Bummer. There must be loads of these seats...
Replies
Views
Back