Band b boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Band b boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with the 'It's no biggie' group.

It is not a new install. The existing boiler is only being moved within the property and as long as it is re-commissioned properly there is no issue in my opinion. If the boiler is a bag of bolts I would be pressing the customer to change it, obviously, but if it is in good order fire away.

For the people that say no- I own a perfectly functional boiler that I want to move onto the opposite wall to facilitate a new kitchen.
This cannot be done as it is a band b boiler.........RUBBISH!

I hope it's not regs as that what I did last year!! on oil though and no one really cares what you do with oil!! disconnect boiler, knocked down the falling down extension, new one put up nd boiler reconnected. so really didn't move boiler just the building round it!!

The only regulation that could have any bearing on it is L1 and I can find nothing in it about relocating an existing boiler unless it is done as part of a larger building project. I've also read the relevant parts of the Domestic Heating Compliance Guide and can find nothing.

My interpretation is if it is moved as part of a larger project it needs to be band A, otherwise band B is fine but be aware that moving a boiler can lead to problems with so it so you need to make the customer aware that it may not work on refitting and you can't be held responsible.

I would say by the sound of this thread you are better off putting in an oil boiler.

I would if I knew ,but i do remember having this conversation with another engineer and I was shocked when he told me ,

I would if I knew ,but i do remember having this conversation with another engineer and I was shocked when he told me ,

That settles it then,it must be true if the bloke down the pub said so :6: :sailor:

Seems to me that us engineers are left treading water in a sea of sharks (building Regs, HSE, Gas Safe etc).
Any one of which leaves us to out own devices hoping for the slightest mistake on which they pounce.

I did invite Gas Safe PR to comment but as this thread is still unresolved I take it that nothing has happened on that front.
I suppose if I'd asked for a consignment of mugs my request would have been processed immediately!!!

yes that sounds about right , Everything is ok until it goes wrong then it is our fault , with everyone coming down on us like a ton of bricks

I take it from the lack of information that we haven't managed to find 'the regulation' that stops us moving a boiler from one room to another, so it must be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Ha, yes funny that. As with gas the rating of...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
    • Love
    • Agree
    • Funny
Bummer. There must be loads of these seats...
Replies
Views
Back