Bar shower mixer valve help (DIY) | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bar shower mixer valve help (DIY) in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi!
Fitting a new shower and after some research I bought these fast fix brackets online (looked a lot more straight forward than the ones it came with. Crank something???) Anyway, after fitting it, the nuts don’t completely cover up the thread (photo attached). Is this normal? I was cautious about over tightening in case I cracked a tile or something. Although I’m not sure they can be tightened much more. Any ideas what I can do about this? Have I done something wrong? Is there anything I can buy to cover the gap?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 276F1C5A-DABF-4359-861C-173D957A117B.jpeg
    276F1C5A-DABF-4359-861C-173D957A117B.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 38
Tbh common issue and tbh you won’t notice it once you start using it etc

If you really want to you can remove the valve and the shrouds then cut off the excess threads with a hacksaw.
You need to file the resulting face nice and flat as this is what the seal is made against.
I have done this for fussy customers in the past but most people don’t worry about it.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Update. Here’s the finished bathroom I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Turn the waste fitting 45 so the angled...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just drill 2 new holes in bress and drill...
Replies
Views
  • Question
dear all, i would like to wish you a happy new...
Replies
Views
Back