baxi 80e intermitent hot water | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi 80e intermitent hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

W

Wayne Singleton

hey guys .... and girls just in case !!

i have a baxi 80e boiler which is a few years old now. the problem is the hot water.
it fires up to start with then when it gets up to 70 the flame drops to a low flame then the temp falls but the flame stays on a low flame.
having scored the forums for a while i have removed and clean the small plate heat exchanger from the back of the boiler, also the diverter valves have been cleaned out. i just tried changing the PCB today but still the same. is there anything else you can suggest i try ???

thanks for your help in advise ..... am getting sick of having cold showers now !!!!

wayne

you've cleaned out the hot water heat exchanger and replaced the 3 way valve apart from the pump their is only the main heat exchanger left to look at.. if its even down to that.. does the burner even go to low flame ?

why are you just changing things on a whim ? dont you think it would be a good idea to check things first ? ooh wait, you cant, your not gas registered ?

you'd have saved your money and time if you just called someone in.. i'd test the gas too as it doesnt take much to knock the gas valve

There isn't much left to change Wayne ... THE STAT!! lol Or plate hex ... Thing is Wayne when you're on the job you get a feel for how it's working, listen and touch tells a lot as do temp differences etc. Hot/cold water isn't an exact science alas... So ten quid stat next maybe?

hey guys thanks for all your help.
i got a new diverter valve today and managed to replace quite easy ...... the side panel does not need taking off just the front panel. and thanks for a vote of confidence .... you think i would even be on here asking for answers if i couldnt do the job just because some people might not be able to do it please dont think we are all like that.

anyway to the point ..... it still does the same thing gets up to 70 flame goes small water goes colder and doesnt get warmer till you shut off the tap and start again

any more ideas ????

Get someone in who knows what they are doing.

God you have changed alot and spent alot it would have cost less getting a member of this forum who lives near you to come out diagnose it and do a SAFE job and your gas pressures would be set correctly and you would have piece of mind that's it's all ok

i don't agree with this at all imho, any work on the boiler requires checks afterwards to make sure it is working safely and should only be done by a professional. I thought you weren't allowed to take the case off unless you were GSR? ??

I agree in the fact that it would of been fixed by now and would of been cheaper if you called in a professional to start with.

its not illegal to touch the water side its up to the op to prove there competency
Sorry Gasman but you are wrong mate. Work is basically anything a customer cannot do. So, If you work on an appliance i.e. use a screwdriver, you are breaking gas regs, if you still disagree then we'll agree to disagree mate.

Mate, this is a dead easy one.
1/ Source a good and reputable Gas trainer
2/ Pay them several thousand pounds to gain the qualification
3/Pass your ACS (this actually allows you to work on the appliance).
4/ Locate the fault without exposing you or your family to premature demise or prosecution. Or..... hire a professional RGI. Can't apologise for my sarcasm but all the other lads have said it all.

Similar plumbing topics

76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, thanks for your answer. It does not have...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Back