baxi 80e | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
intermittent firing problem,no running taps and room stat ok,going to have a look today any ideas,ta.

Its not on preheat, is it?
Just thought, no preheat on this model. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
11 ohms i think sure gasman will give you a answer later

11 ohms i think sure gasman will give you a answer later
yes, that sounds about right,would boiler fire when not even calling for heat (timer switch on off),only stopping cycling when temp select dial is turned right down and am i to presume the temp sensor will show open circuit with multimeter or very low ohms if faulty.

i dont think it would be thermister,,dose it have a roomstat or just a clock,, i would be testing controls but im still new to fault finding

it had rf stat to eliminate it i put a new baxi clock in boiler. and on the clock, timer,i switched it to off and the boiler cycled and lit only knocking off as said when temp dial was turned right down,i do think it's the thermister but i'm a bit confused on why there seems to be a permanant demand

think i will leave it to some of the lads with more time under the belts

Hi, the only thing which can call for heat are external controls, and DHW, if this was coming on under DHW it must be related to an open pipe or tap, if it is the heating which is switching on when the time clock is set to off which is what I understand is happening then this is mostly likely caused by the frost stat picking up wrong signals from the thermister. Boiler is fairly straightforward

Baxi are good on the phone at fault detemining and you can call them on 08448711525 they will nail it immediatley I am sure

fixters right look for 11k cold on the thermistor,if its coming on with no demand try isolating the dhw see what it does then

Hi, the only thing which can call for heat are external controls, and DHW, if this was coming on under DHW it must be related to an open pipe or tap, if it is the heating which is switching on when the time clock is set to off which is what I understand is happening then this is mostly likely caused by the frost stat picking up wrong signals from the thermister. Boiler is fairly straightforward

fair enough what you say but unless a external frost stat is fitted the 80e does not have one built into the pcb only the bigger 105 does

Baxi are good on the phone at fault detemining and you can call them on 08448711525 they will nail it immediatley I am sure
sadly that not what i've experienced,i have them take me round the block and back again and more often than not they seem to point you to the pcb as they did with me on one occasion and it turned out to be the gas valve

so talk me trough it does it randomly fire up with no call for heating or dhw?

fixters right look for 11k cold on the thermistor,if its coming on with no demand try isolating the dhw see what it does then
this boiler has had a pcb 6 mths ago and a diverter valve 3mths ago,if, i tested thermister and i got a reading of 3k ohms.but it was warm am

this boiler has had a pcb 6 mths ago and a diverter valve 3mths ago,if, i tested thermister and i got a reading of 3k ohms.but it was warm am

you need to check it cold the resistance decreases with temperature,and answer post 17

no running taps?- is it set on central heating?, check aps could be starting sequence(its getting windy outside)

have you tried isolating the DHW supply as far as you can tell does any of the DHW pipework disappear into a cement floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes I had an ancient boiler set up like that...
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
All basic electrical checks have been done...
Replies
Views
Back