Baxi bermuda pw3. Help on job now | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi bermuda pw3. Help on job now in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pump is reasonably new. Gate valves not.

I have a feeling the cust was having circulation problems a lot longer than they have let on and replaced the pump themselves.

Drained heating this morning, blocked cold feed.

Thought I'd change the pump valves as well, turns out one of them had seized almost completely shut although it was wound fully open.

It gets better, heard a strange noise then a load of black sludge and some water runs out of the fireplace. Assume it's the heat exchanger has died.

Should be putting a combi in next week.

You changing the whole system Ash , or it sounds like it needs a really good flush

You changing the whole system Ash , or it sounds like it needs a really good flush

That's the good bit. I've recommended complete system, customer just wants boiler....for now due to cost. I have said I can do that, but any issues as a result of old pipe work and rads will have to be dealt with accordingly and I can't guarantee they will be ok. He's fine with and said "if one or 2 radiators needs changing we will have to".

I will be starting a new thread including pictures today about the change over, there's one or 2 things I need to check.

Edit: yes will definitely getting a good flush.

Last edited:

That's the good bit. I've recommended complete system, customer just wants boiler....for now due to cost. I have said I can do that, but any issues as a result of old pipe work and rads will have to be dealt with accordingly and I can't guarantee they will be ok. He's fine with and said "if one or 2 radiators needs changing we will have to".

I will be starting a new thread including pictures today about the change over, there's one or 2 things I need to check.

image.jpg

The ventilation was all blocked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Thanks for posting on the forum...
Replies
Views
C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Sounds like maybe the pump has gone is it hot...
Replies
Views
I would agree, but only if the high stat were...
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
Back