Baxi boiler cycling continuously | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi boiler cycling continuously in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StuartDavis

Hi
I have a Baxi condendsing boiler (5 years old) - recently I had to get the sundial Y-valve next to the hot water tank replaced as it had failed (and fused in the timing control panel).
At some point, my plumber must have changed the settings on the Baxi boiler, as now it cycles and heats HW even when outside of the pre-set programme times, and also even when HW and CH are switched to OFF on the control panel. Even turning the boiler switch off does not prevent it heating up water. I've heard that there is a way of overriding this, similar to factory-preset I guess, so that it will only switch on at the times I request.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You

Hi, sorry not sure (at work right now).
It's fairly new and well maintained, just after the Y-valve was replaced it's gone into this mode of cycling (seems to want to keep the hot water heated up) - someone said it's more efficient than heating a cool/cold tank from scratch each time the pre-set timer comes into play ?
I turned it all off at the main plug last night, and left it for 5 mins. This morning the room sems less hot as though it's returned to just coming on at timer hours.
Any other ideas in the meantime would be appreciated again.

sounds like he may have wired the 3 port wrong in the wiring centre , poss putting permanent live to hw , i would ask him back to check the connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
The boiler (480k, serviced every year) will...
Replies
Views
MetMan
M
Thanks to @Ian777 - I've just ordered EPH...
Replies
Views
Harp62
H
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Modern boilers are designed to cycle once the...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
Back