Baxi duo tec 24 ga | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi duo tec 24 ga in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fitted a 24kw duo tec 2. Cust said it makes a funny noise so she rang heat team. Heat team came out today and after a few hours decided it was at risk as on minimum products of combustion were mixing with the air intake for combustion on the flue. And a note installer to rectify. He said it was something to do with the flue.
So I took the flue apart and it's fine, pushed in fully, taped, screwed (telescopic) seals ok. So baxi are going back in a few days time but she has no hot water heating, bloody nightmare.
has anybody else had this problem on one of the new range of baxi's?

Your problem is heat team there as much use as a fart in a astronauts suit , they will do anything to get out of admiring there boilers are poor

Ha! I've always fitted baxi but every other one I fit nowadays don't work from new it's a bloody joke. Worst thing is cust wanted a Worcester as she's read baxi's grilling in which magazine and for some reason I talked her into a duo tec! Oh dear, got another one to do next week as well

the GA boilers are pants and have lots of problems.

i fitted 20 odd duotec ga last year and half of them on self commission decided the supply was lpg when i had 20mb NG at the boiler. :(

mate had one on site gas rating at 28kw when it should have been a 24kw, had to change the boiler and send it back, he reconned it was a 28kw boiler marked up as a 24kw :( he has fitted loads of them so i trust his judgement over the idiots from heat team.

Last edited:
why are you bothering with the ga its useless the mk1 duotec and gold combi are far better and cheaper and more reliable

why are you bothering with the ga its useless the mk1 duotec and gold combi are far better and cheaper and more reliable

Got to quod for a baxi, customers choice. Which ones have five year warranty?

for me i had no choice as it was specified by the builder. If i had a choice id steer clear of any GA.

had to go out to one i fitted last wk the tennant ran out of gas and could not reset the fault code . have to addmit on first attempt it got me - press to long and it turns off to short and nothing - not putting in rented house again.

Got to quod for a baxi, customers choice. Which ones have five year warranty?
potterton titanium or if your paying through the nose baxi platinum hea bear in mind there the same boilers

hi gasman seen the potterton gold but do baxi still do duotec 1

I was fitting mk 1 duo tecs and if you pay baxi £99 they put a 5 yr warranty on it. My local plumb centre say they no longer do mk 1 duo tec? Are they telling me porky's?

I was fitting mk 1 duo tecs and if you pay baxi £99 they put a 5 yr warranty on it. My local plumb centre say they no longer do mk 1 duo tec? Are they telling me porky's?
plumbs may not but others do

I'll post back on here Thursday after heateam have been, let you know what the problem is. I reckon gas valve

Heateam been today, replaced fan, gas valve, burner, pcb & the dongle thing that goes with it, now it works.
That's a few hundred pounds worth of parts!

God thats scary. Had the baxi rep chasing me as to why i had not fitted any after going on the course several months ago. Told him of all the bad feedback by people and he assured me that all these problems were in the past- obviously not. These two boilers appear to the the new isars / icos - see youv'e even made me swear now !

Ooh icos thats harsh but to be fair they are not much better. I rang the rep too & he seemed suprised as he thinks there all ok now. Doing a 33 duo ga next week i'll cross all my fingers & toes when i turn it on & it does it's self commissioning thing

Ooh icos thats harsh - probably but its beginning to feel like it with all the negative feedback regarding them. Even Gasman who would have Baxi written through him if he was cut open hasn't got a good thing to say about them.

Put a Complaint in if your not happy. Or go on Baxi Face Book page and leave comment.

After my experience with the GA boilers at the beginning of the year I wont be fitting anymore and my merchant doesnt stock the Mk1 anymore.

baxis boilers are good , i have worked with baxis for years but the GA boilers have not been perfected !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
After my experience with the GA boilers at the beginning of the year I wont be fitting anymore and my merchant doesnt stock the Mk1 anymore.

Hi Mark

We have stopped advertising the Mark 1 Duotec, but we still have a few left scattered around. Ask Mark, Ken, Pete or Laura for the old Duotec Promo boiler - they may have to transfer it in from another branch, but we have about half a dozen 24s and a few more 28s.

Ray

Hi Mark

We have stopped advertising the Mark 1 Duotec, but we still have a few left scattered around. Ask Mark, Ken, Pete or Laura for the old Duotec Promo boiler - they may have to transfer it in from another branch, but we have about half a dozen 24s and a few more 28s.

Ray
just to point out though if you look you will find ray has some and with a bit of a search others stock them as a front line everyday boiler there not hard to get,i picked up the phone today 2 will arrive at home tomorrow,but they are potterton golds the same boiler with a different sticker

Cheers Ray

I have been using quite a few of the main boilers recently as they are what i call a good honest boiler without all the bells & whistles of baxi GA boilers and not built from plastic like the worcesters are.

Hi Mark

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
Check the continuity of the flue with your...
Replies
Views
Sorry for late reply,was printed circuit board
Replies
Views
The point of the forum is mainly for uk based...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
That's why the buckets there T also gives you...
Replies
Views
Back