baxi duo-tec 33 he a | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi duo-tec 33 he a in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
how ? its not the hot water side of the heatexchanger that blocks up ?? its the heating side

You could have a problem with the meter reg maybe? I suppose you could run it on full rate with the manometer connected to the inlet to see if the pressure fluctuates while in use.

Its a strange one this
the pressure did fluctuate when i had the manometer on inlet to boiler, when i tested regulator on meter every thing was fine, nothing out of the ordinary,i should have a constant 20mbar but as boiler ramps up i loose pressure at inlet

the pressure did fluctuate when i had the manometer on inlet to boiler, when i tested regulator on meter every thing was fine, nothing out of the ordinary,i should have a constant 20mbar but as boiler ramps up i loose pressure at inlet

Did it fluctuate at the meter aswell? If it did then I would just get transco out to replace the regulator and see if that helps.

like ive said, the boiler is regulating down for some reason.. dont call anyone else out till you know for sure or they'll think your some sort of idiot..

even if the boiler is fine, its more than likely that the boiler will regulate down after a minute or 2..

its probably much more likely that the boiler will stay full rate on the heating side

Last edited:
is there a min and max input for the dhw on the boiler? check the burner pressure for a minute or two and look to see if it stays at full rate for the whole time..

Hello, ex Heateam engineer here, it sounds to me like the boiler is modulating down even though you have it on full rate for hot water. On my training at Baxi there is a procedure for testing the boiler, first you need to put the central heating on, secondly remove the hall affects sensor off the cold water inlet and turn the hot water tap on, then remove the diverter head from the valve body, this will divert the heat around the hot water circuit and dump the heat out the tap. The boiler then needs to be put into service mode, turn both stats to minimum then quarter turn h/w stat twice and the display will flash indicating service mode, the boiler will stay on full rate with no modulation providing you have good flow rate through the boiler and out the tap, it will however cut out on overheat if there is insufficient flow. Also this is what ALL engineers should be doing to get your TRUE FGA readings, if you aren't doing this then your doing it wrong. You wouldn't believe how many boilers I have been to where the readings are miles out and the engineer swears blind they did it all correct.

On baxi duotecs before you gas rate them you have to set them to calibration mode as it states in the MIs

[Q
UOTE=rudeboytee;176483]On baxi duotecs before you gas rate them you have to set them to calibration mode as it states in the MIs[/QUOTE]
honestly....!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
How did you get the valve sorted in the end?
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
When your gas safe pm me and will re open it up
Replies
Views
Yeah DuoTec offset, it was the Eco Elite that...
Replies
Views
Back