baxi duo tec he a 24 gets to temp on boiler then wont fire up again unless reset | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi duo tec he a 24 gets to temp on boiler then wont fire up again unless reset in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Hi guys

Any help on this would be appreciated just off to look at it now. Any tips to look for

Thanks in advance

Room stat reached temp? :lol: Unless you know of any codes you're just guessing mate I guess? :)

More info now im at boiler the motor actuator on diverter does not diverter after the hot water has been turned and off it does divert back to hot . No errors given tried another actuator still same

After the demand for hot has finished there is 240 volts on pins 5 & 7 instead of 5&6 which shoukd be back to central heating.

Seen similar on isar, display stayed on d for hw divertor didn't move. New actuator sorted it.

take actuator off and manually depress diverter pin, does that solve it?

possibly not the magnet itself then but def the hall effect sensor. no red light on after hot water demand so it took me a little longer to trace it back to that. luckily cust had manual so i check voltages on specific pins.

possibly not the magnet itself then but def the hall effect sensor. no red light on after hot water demand so it took me a little longer to trace it back to that. luckily cust had manual so i check voltages on specific pins.

thats cheating lol

I've come across this once before and Baxi tech said pub or actuator. Can you confirm it was definitely the Hall effect sensor as I didn't go back to finish the job I went to.

It certainly makes sense... Did you notice whether the hot water demand light stayed on?

After the demand for hot has finished there is 240 volts on pins 5 & 7 instead of 5&6 which shoukd be back to central heating.

is this with a central heating demand if no demand I think diverter reverts to hw

Light never stayed but actuator was still giving 240 v to hot water demand not ch demand after demand for hot water ceased.

got you still giving 240 v to hw pins on diverter - even though boiler was set for heating makes sense

well i feel an idiot went back tonight fitted a new hall sensor still the same problem so to recap what i have done so far.

demand for hot water
red light on sensor comes on
demand for hot water finshes red light comes off
check terminal block x3 and 240 v is still showing demand for hot water and is not reverting back to central heating. no errors codes reset doesnt work on the boiler
but turning the boiler off and back on again does reset the boiler and actuator goes back to central heating and pins on terminal block now showing 240v for ch demand.
my initial thoughts of hall sensor are ill founded now pointing towards pcb .

unless you guys can point me in another direction all help appreciated.

Ooh sounds like some sort of voltage spike or latching? Did u clean out the sensor or just replace bit that clips on.

Could try and discharge pcb, disconnect all leads and turn DHW and ch temp up and down few times. Can sometimes remove gremlins / charge on pcb which leads to small issues. Is boiler supply 100% good earth and neutral?

i replaced with a new sensor and plastic housing.

as far as i know its a good earth but i didnt test it at the time.

It's either the momo actuator or the pcb. Get an actuator, they're cheap and try it. If it doesn't cure it then stick a PCB on. If you ring Baxi they say the same, so custard can't argue too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Back