Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djbphs

I have recently fitted a baxi neta tec 24 kw combi. I understand its only been out around 1 month or so. Had problems after installation regarding de-aeration process. It didnt recognise it was natural gas ( this boiler can be piped straight upto lpg also with no conversion).

Anyone else had this same problem?

Only saw these today in a brochure in Plumb. Look quite good. I'm on a course on Thursday for the Duo Tec. Will be good to see if they have made some improvements as I do a lot of work on the last/first Duo Tec.

To be honest it seems like a real state of the art boiler. Spoke with the technical today and they reckon its a pcb fault. Not good when you've supplied the boiler to the customer and it doesnt bloody work first time!

Never is tbh, but when you have a state of the art thing, there are likely to be a few teething problems with the first few. It's if the problem can be fixed quickly by the manufacturer. Baxi are usually quite good. Apparently we had a rep from Baxi in at our place and all the Duo Tec's we have on patch are covered by a 5 year warranty! Bonus!

Fitted my first one last week and they seem to be really good, I think I will be fitting a lot of these.

Very easy to fit , very cheap for a boiler with 5 years warranty.

i have fitted 3 duotec 2 good boiler just found the gas inlet a bit hard to get at baxi are talking about putting a test point outside the boiler

not fitted one yet i will stick with the older duotec DONT LIKE PLASTIC

To quote from an old game i used to play

"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word: plastics."
- Calder Willingham, The Graduate

:lol:

Do your self a favour and fit the Duo-tec 2..Plastic is ****e.And NO they are not easy to work on

Most boilers have lots of plastic, I went to a 4 year old wb tonight with plastic leaking inside

Most boilers have lots of plastic, I went to a 4 year old wb tonight with plastic leaking inside
thats exactly my point go to a 4 year old duotec and you wont have any plastic leaking,and poxi did warn of the neta tec when it was launched i have been to look at one and have a course on it next month i dont like it,its plastic,plastic is ****

thats exactly my point go to a 4 year old duotec and you wont have any plastic leaking,and poxi did warn of the neta tec when it was launched i have been to look at one and have a course on it next month i dont like it,its plastic,plastic is ****
Don't think you can go wrong with them at the moment with the 5 year warranty.

i had a netatec fitted 3 weeks ago [sept 22nd] its just failed, error number 133= interuption or flame failure which indicates errors that prevent burner from starting.
called out my installer who had just been to another one he had installed with the same fault, could be this is an inherant problem, baxi engineer is due today, will update on progress.
my 25 year old baxi bermuda back boiler never had any faults at all, WHY! did i change it.

A recallibration of the gas valve may be required, If the Engineer is stuck

just finnished installing one today for my mother in law no less,red the bumph looked good ,am stuck at error 133 cant reset so phoning the bad music and appology for not dealing with you number in the morning .

boiler now repaired, the fault was with the gas valve showing error code 133, the engineer replaced it, then he was going to another customer with the same fault.

boiler now repaired, the fault was with the gas valve showing error code 133, the engineer replaced it, then he was going to another customer with the same fault.

Oh Dear..Wondered why i was sent out another gas valve for these boilers last night..Common fault already ?????Hope not

i had a netatec fitted 3 weeks ago [sept 22nd] its just failed, error number 133= interuption or flame failure which indicates errors that prevent burner from starting.
called out my installer who had just been to another one he had installed with the same fault, could be this is an inherant problem, baxi engineer is due today, will update on progress.
my 25 year old baxi bermuda back boiler never had any faults at all, WHY! did i change it.

baxi lost me with their barcelona combi , and their heat only condenser they brought out 10-15 years ago.
my old man installed one in his own place , went through 5-6 pcbs before throwing it in the skip and fitting a worcester.
another we installed for a 'wido' car dealer had the baxi engineer out 42 times , he kept a record , ended up receiving cash from baxi , he used that to buy a worcester.
will never fit a baxi or potterton boiler if i m supplying.
out of around 50 boilers i v fitted on contract this year ,couple were potterton promaxs, only boilers not to fire up and require a manufacturer visit to replace faulty parts on a brand new boiler .
no problems with vaillant , worcester , glow worm , viessmann , ideal .
baxi should stick to what they did best, cast iron . maybe turn their attention to making rhones and downpipes that dont require any electronics to work :)
doing some contract servicing at the moment , seeing a load of potterton envoys (same casing as the suprema , but its a heat only condenser) ,nearly every one has had 3 or 4 pcbs replaced in the 10 years they ve been in. they even supply you faulty brand new replacement pcbs , a real headache if you aint used to working on them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

viessmann 100 doesnt have rubber hoses only...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
Baxi probably updated the software via the USB...
Replies
Views
K
I do hope it wasn't you who found that...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
5 year Baxi guarantee came with boiler when...
Replies
Views
Back