Baxi solo hea heat only boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi solo hea heat only boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Went to this due to leak from flow sw and leak from the drain manifold. Undoing the bolts to both flow sw and manifold they sheared off also half of the flow sw is stuck solid into heat exchanger. Anyone done flow sw on these and had problems. Done a few in the past and had no problem but they were new boilers

Not a good day

Attachments

• DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 20
yep the cause cheap screws and rust, the only way other than a new heat exchanger is to drill and re-tap the holes but you need to remove the heat exchanger either way

Tried to get heat exchanger out but the rtn connection was seized in aswell. Quoted for new boiler. At least I know now not to take on any flow sw changes on old ones

Tried to get heat exchanger out but the rtn connection was seized in aswell. Quoted for new boiler. At least I know now not to take on any flow sw changes on old ones

yea there a B*// to do the only way i have manged to do the old ones is heat, start to undo when boiler is on nice and warm but the changes of burns is high :D

what did cus say when you explained where they ok or the normal it was working before you came ;)

Letting agents. So let them explain to landlord lol. Just imagine if only fault with boiler was flow sw and you sheared bolts

Letting agents. So let them explain to landlord lol. Just imagine if only fault with boiler was flow sw and you sheared bolts

its the nature of old boilers sorry to say , i always explain when taking old little screw out of heat exchangers where they are hot, cold hot then cold etc

Old tat! I learnt not to touch the original Magnaclean isolation valves this week ( red handles) I warned the chap but he wanted it cleaned anyway... Both leaked but slowed up when back running, hoping they re seal over lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
Back