Baxi Solo Kettling | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Solo Kettling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevan65

Hi,
I know this has been asked before but I rent a property and less than a year ago British Gas did a complete power flush on behalf of the property owner. British Gas are also used by the property owner to undertake repairs and maintence. They serviced the boiler and put in a new Grundfos pump. Everything has appeared alright until about a month ago I noticed the boiler making "kettling" noises soon after coming on. The noise in the morning is obviously loud. I called B.G out and was told not a lot could be done. That may be true but my question is does anyone think there is any connection with the kettling only starting since the power flush and works, al be it not at first. Or am I barking up the wrong virtual tree.

The boiler is a wall mounted Baxi Solo powered flue. I don't know how old but it is quite a few years old.

Regards
K

welcome to the forum

i wouldnt put anything past BG to do anything properly if i'm honest

however old boiler etc etc

Possibly, but would a complete powerflush ( just to add, the pipe work is small bore) include any kind of boiler descaling at the same time?

Powerflushing isn't guaranteed to clear every speck of contamination/scale etc from a system.
To do so would require aggressive chemicals which would bring other problems.

I find a dose of Fernox Express boiler noise silencer makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

They don't want a combi. I'm going round...
Replies
Views
M
If it was so then you shouldn`t have a problem...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Keep a diary recording the dates/times of when...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or...
Replies
Views
Back