bermuda back boiler and fire, ID .. | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss bermuda back boiler and fire, ID .. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
First combi i remember when i started was a worcester ??? Basically a hwc with a burner under it.

Back boiler burner on or off, a crap/ blocked flue can be aided by a little heat.

on, and it was battering out the terminal like there was no tomorrow! done 3 smoke pellets up that

you should not need heat on a flue liner kev,it should be perfect on a flue flow, different with spillage

Agree, gas man, however if the liner is not perfect.

I have seen flueliners restricted down to the size of a tennis ball take 2 x smoke pellets at the same time fine, but spill like:devil:.

The initial flow flow test should be carried out with appliance off. There should be a strong enough pull to draw the smoke.
Only if there is little or no pull, should the chimney be heated for 10 mins with appliance burner or blow torch, appliance turned off and retested. If still poor draw you will then need investigate as there is issues with chimney.

Only the spillage test is carried out with appliance on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Nice one Harriet I bet your well chuffed now.
Replies
Views
G
Thread closed. Read the 'how to join the gsr...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
low gas rates restricted gas flow somewhere...
Replies
Views
Taffman
T
S
That's the problem, - not every qualified...
Replies
Views
Back