Best Boiler Plus Compliant controls For A landlord That Doesn't Want To spend Any money? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best Boiler Plus Compliant controls For A landlord That Doesn't Want To spend Any money? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if, hypothetically, you had a zone valve and stat for each room? Personally, I find TRVs are crap in many ways. I do fit them as a cheap and cheerful upgrade on manual valves, but I would rarely consider them to be the ideal solution.

You could do that but would be more expensive than evo home

You can fit a neomitis room smart stat cheap as chips.
One of the vokera boilers has a small link in it aparently that if you disconnect becomes boiler plus complient.
As for build regs my mate does that for a living and has he said to me.
To busy to bother with that ' she it '!!!

@Ric2013 @gmartine

All new boilers need to have 92% erp on their space heating output.

IE - heat only and system need to be 92% erp, Combi needs to be 92% erp on central heating only.

You won’t be able to buy a boiler with less than this, (unless very old stock?!) so this part is done for you. The flow chart just refers to controls.

Combi boilers are invariably hugely over sized on their central heating output for the property they are installed in, 24 - 30kw, which could rightfully be installed in a flat! So load comp alone makes sense

Stu

Last edited:
@Ric2013 @gmartine

All new boilers need to have 92% erp on their space heating output.

IE - heat only and system need to be 92% erp, Combi needs to be 92% erp on central heating only.

You won’t be able to buy a boiler with less than this, (unless very old stock?!) so this part is done for you. The flow chart just refers to controls.

Combi boilers are invariably hugely over sized on their central heating output for the property they are installed in, 24 - 30kw, which could rightfully be installed in a flat! So load comp alone makes sense

Stu

And quite a lot have the flue recovery system built in !

I think what they haven't quite thought through with this is these controls only help if they're used properly. Most of my work is for landlords in East London and i can guarantee no tenant will even begin to understand how these are supposed to work, the vas majority just turn the heating on and off with the roomstat like a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
A
Living in the country, then why not oil...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Back