Best chemical flush? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best chemical flush? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

It's on the bottle
It doesn't say on any Sentinel X800 bottles that I'm holding right now that it can be left in the system for a week. It says under application on the label on the rear, the following:

To clean in accordance with BS7593 Sentinel X800 should be circulated with all valves open for 1 hour. After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed through all drain points. If required, can be dosed up to 24 hours in advance......nothing mentioned anywhere about a week.

On the other point, allowing sludge, metal, rust and all the crap that X800 has dislodged to circulate in a 25 year old microbore system for a week will block manifolds, old valves, block dips in microbore pipework and make the system worse before it was flushed. Pointless.

It doesn't say on any Sentinel X800 bottles that I'm holding right now that it can be left in the system for a week. It says under application on the label on the rear, the following:

To clean in accordance with BS7593 Sentinel X800 should be circulated with all valves open for 1 hour. After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed through all drain points. If required, can be dosed up to 24 hours in advance....nothing mentioned anywhere about a week.

On the other point, allowing sludge, metal, rust and all the crap that X800 has dislodged to circulate in a 25 year old microbore system for a week will block manifolds, old valves, block dips in microbore pipework and make the system worse before it was flushed. Pointless.

Doesn't say max how long so it's gone from 1 hour to 1 day :D

It's going to do that anyway as your not flushing just one circuit/ rad

Doesn't say max how long so it's gone from 1 hour to 1 day :D

It's going to do that anyway as your not flushing just one circuit/ rad
It's not a week and after using it , the X800 was a great success. I completely flushed it out on the manufacturers recommendation after an hour. Not a trace of anything was left circulating.

Where does it say on the bottle that you claim, that it stays in the system for a week? It recommends that X400 be used instead if longer circulation time is required. Ffs you're worse than the wife for arguing a point that's wrong.

:D I do love a good discussion

IMG_3884.PNG

Customer services told me otherwise as I posted earlier and the application label on the bottle doesn't say this. No mention of a week anywhere on the bottle either as you claim.

I can see no advantage to keeping an aggresive cleaner and all the crap it's dislodged longer than it's recommended one hour working time.

Nowt wrong with leaving x800 in for a day or two, it stops working after an hour or so tho so any longer us pointless.(it's life is dependant on its use of course) It won't cause a problem either, after an hour it's it's circulating x amount of removed product, after 24hours it's still x amount. If it's going to block up it will in the first hour.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the science suggestion, I have just...
Replies
Views
What exactly do you mean by it wasn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Update: I put up with the kettling noise for...
Replies
Views
If there’s no blockage or sludge problem...
Replies
Views
Due to COVID the engineer diagnosed the faults...
Replies
Views
Back