Best combi boiler for reliability and warranty | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best combi boiler for reliability and warranty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
All boilers leak, its a fact of life... There are just too many joints inside of them! All cars breakdown too, even the mercs & bmw's...

Any boiler will suffice, just have it installed correctly on to a clean system with good quality inhibitor... The rest is up to the gods...

trabants were a high volume car once, didnt make them any good :)

True. But that was in a closed market, without free competition.

Worcester have been market leader in the UK for well over a decade, against all comers. You don't have to like them. You don't have to buy them. But if you pretend that they are not the biggest swinging dick on the block, then you are just fooling yourself.

they are going to do a tescos soon, the markets saturated and theyll only realise to late, same as ford and leyland did in the uk, and toyota and others moved in and proved quality counts for everything.

Best value for money is the duotec HE A. When you take into account

purchase price, spare parts, reliability, ease of use and customer controls, in the event it does break.... It's easy to work on with plenty of room to access everything so labor time is reduced and so is any repair bill. Plus you do get a long warranty, and it has the vaillant heat exchanger.

pound for pound the best value combination boiler.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking too it..... Have fitted 3 in the last 2 weeks and number 4 goes in tomorrow number 5 starts Monday

Worcester have been market leader in the UK for well over a decade, against all comers. You don't have to like them. You don't have to buy them. But if you pretend that they are not the biggest swinging dick on the block, then you are just fooling yourself.

more plastic and orings than anything else

I have to say I still have a few sine's on the service books still with the original heat exchanger and gas valves now there's a boiler!

I have to say I still have a few sine's on the service books still with the original heat exchanger and gas valves now there's a boiler!

Yep, one of the all time classics. Over engineered, but in a good way.

funny that plumb center tell me its ideal logic

Not by a long chalk.

Its possible that the Ideal Logic boiler (and all its derivatives) are the biggest selling single platform, but overall, Worcester have significantly more market share than Ideal - even after factoring in Ideal's OEM business. Vaillant would be next then Ideal and BDR jostling for 3rd place.

Thanks for all the advice - seems like the warranty is likely to be wiggled out of, and most of all avoid the Worcester.

Doesnt matter how reliable it is, you're getting it for free, you have 3 grand saved to chuck at it in repairs.

wanting the world for free?
Well surely if you were in my shoes you'd want the most reliable boiler available to save on future repairs, irrespective if you've paid for the initial price or not, especially when I have a very reliable 30 year old floor standing boiler. I'm obviously not working now due to economic climate, but while I was working I would have paid for 10 boiler installations each year in tax - so I count this as just taking back some of the money the government has taken from me (which is how the system is supposed to work, you contribute and get something back on hard times).

please don't be a Lemming saying bosch,it is a marketing ploy,worcestors are cheap nasty plastic,just because they advertise on telly Lemmings like yourself buy them,Vailiant don't advertise on telly so why are they the UK's leading brand,cause you haven't guessed it yet have you!.Installers like them,they are well made,easy to fit,robust,easy to work on,they are made in Germany.Dont get to hung up on mega warrantie's as most manufactuers wiggle out of them
Plastic? how you dare calling WB plastic? Ray Stafford will be very angry, you have to say It's: EXPENSIVE GERMAN ENGINEERED COMPOSITE POLYMER MATERIAL, meaning: reinforced plastic.

Plastic? how you dare calling WB plastic? Ray Stafford will be very angry, you have to say It's: EXPENSIVE GERMAN ENGINEERED COMPOSITE POLYMER MATERIAL, meaning: reinforced plastic.

been doing some contract work for a gas maintenance company,why are Worcestor flue clips supplied with bolts that are too short,is this a conspiracy to send me MAD....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took @Chuck to mean: A reputable...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back