Best drain down hose - what do you use? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best drain down hose - what do you use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Shaun, been away for a while sorry...

It works exactly as claimed by the manufacturer/company. I've used it a few times now and it's now a permanent part of my kit. Had to squeeze it onto a length of hose by warming the hose with boiling water which gave it a nice tight fit. No idea how much they are but they're pretty basic in design and build, almost on the side of quite cheap looking but it does the job and it does it well. I highly recommend - no more sucking the end of a dirty hose for me.

Get one, seriously.

In the market myself for a new hose.
Looking for something multifunctional and have taken on board the comments about the rubber drain down hose not being suitable for filling/washing down (higher pressure). So, one of the stronger anti-kink hozelocks might fit the bill? Like the idea of buying the 50m one and then cutting it down to various lengths for different purposes/ranges... A bundgy cord is always useful to keep it in a tidy coil.
The syphon sucker looks good too... Christ knows what I've ingested over the years from pulling on a hose, but prolly not much worse than the ****/bottles of plonk/solder/insulation/dust/tools held in mouth/spray from drains etc :confused:;)

I'm just sick to death of trying to unkink and open up the cheapo hoses my local trade counter knocks out :mad::rolleyes:

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
Hi How simple is it to replace the expansion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would say for the occasional use a ‘normal...
Replies
Views
Back