Best heat only boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best heat only boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squeeky

Hi
What are the thoughts of you guys on the best heat only boilers to fit
Generally i tend to fit combi boilers, in which case i stick to Vaillant or sometimes Worcester or occasionally Ideal Logic+, but when it comes to heat only boilers i'm not sure what to reccommend. I am inclined to stick with Vaillant or Worcester as they both have minimun of 5 years warranty.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

I am not a fan of the Vaillant heat only boilers - they are based on older design compared to their system or combis. I usually fit WB for heat only as they also go up to 40KW, and Vaillant or WB for system or combis.

but their website is crap with virtually no info and they dont get back to you after registering for their training

got my merchants to do the leg work and then they drove us up there and back as well, paid for breakfast on the way

but their website is crap with virtually no info and they dont get back to you after registering for their training
I contacted them last year, I was booked onto the course about two weeks later, was surprised how quick it was.
you have obviously not had the same experience, give them a phone call and chase it up, if you want to??

I contacted them last year, I was booked onto the course about two weeks later, was surprised how quick it was.
you have obviously not had the same experience, give them a phone call and chase it up, if you want to??

I might give them another go... I do like the idea of 22mm waterways through the hex.

I've heard alot about these Intergas boilers on the forum, but never seen one fitted so can't comment on the quality. If they are anything near as good a quality as Vailant and WB, then they must be good.

I've heard alot about these Intergas boilers on the forum, but never seen one fitted so can't comment on the quality. If they are anything near as good a quality as Vailant and WB, then they must be good.

I think that's the problem. There aren't yet enough of them fitted in the UK to really know whether they are more reliable or any better than a Vaillant. The idea seems good: less parts = less failures, and 22mm waterways is ideal ...but I've not yet seen any fitted either.

So leaving aside Intergas for now, is the general consensus that i wont go far wrong with a Worcester or Vaillant? Or Baxi Solo maybe?

What's the big deal about 22mm waterways anyhow? Heard this several times.

its the 15mm hw waterway that means something coz there is no plate heat exchanger to fill up with crud and block. So more reliable, simpler pcb to work on with no convoluted setting up procedure. bonus being you can plonk on the wall, connect in gas and cold water and have hw on tap very quick, with a qick pcb adjustment. then come back and connect up rads for flush and balancing later if need be.

If I was going to fit one in my house I would fit a WB

Thats always the best recommendation. I was more inclined to fit a Worcester Bosch to start with, so i think i'll go for a Greenstar 30 cdi.

Many thanks for your advice.

I like the Worcester ri range. Nice and neat, fits in a cupboard, doodle to fit them to. And I also like an ideal logic + heat only.

Thats always the best recommendation. I was more inclined to fit a Worcester Bosch to start with, so i think i'll go for a Greenstar 30 cdi.

Many thanks for your advice.
why do worcester do a 30 when most systems only need half that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Off the sound of it I would say 15/50. Not...
Replies
Views
Back