Best heat only boilers | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best heat only boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Worcester ri range. Nice and neat, fits in a cupboard, doodle to fit them to. And I also like an ideal logic + heat only.

will it go into cupboard ? compartment ventilation crap on these boilers and stupid to work out

when I replace my boiler, it will be an Intergas, as they only take on the best installers:):):):)

I found the vaillant heat only very mardy if fitted to an older system ( even flushed properly) and gw hxi are virtually the same anyway.

Hi
What are the thoughts of you guys on the best heat only boilers to fit
Generally i tend to fit combi boilers, in which case i stick to Vaillant or sometimes Worcester or occasionally Ideal Logic+, but when it comes to heat only boilers i'm not sure what to reccommend. I am inclined to stick with Vaillant or Worcester as they both have minimun of 5 years warranty.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

if you fit viessman, why not stick with them,5 year warranty on all boilers.
i have glowworm,baxi.valliant,all wanting me to fit there boilers,all tempting,but my brain says stick with viessman.

We usually fit Vaillant but don't rate the heat only's, have had some sound like they are going to take off at full rate!

I found the vaillant heat only very mardy if fitted to an older system ( even flushed properly) and gw hxi are virtually the same anyway.

agree very temermental to flow and rtn temps - fitted a few and had to retn to adjust the bypass on some .

In terms of aftercare Worcester are by far the best to deal with (in my experience)

Wont be doing that too often on a heat only though. Ri is probably the best thing Worcester make.

as a break down engineer,i can advise there crapness in the following manner
1,worcester ri
2,baxi solo he/main/potterton heat only
3, valiant
never seen a interheap so cant comment is that the one that looks like a fridge on the wall?

Wont be doing that too often on a heat only though. Ri is probably the best thing Worcester make.

what if its got a rh exit flue and its cemented in impossible to service as the flue needs to come out to get the brush in to clean poor design.

It all comes down to what people are after. For a cheap heat only boiler the Main takes a lot of beating but if people are looking for a long term solution rather than a quick fix then it's got to be the Rolls Royce of boilers, Intergas.

I talked a customer out of spending a fortune on a boiler recently and suggested a Main HE 12 as they are looking at selling in 12 months and what's the point in spending a fortune on a boiler for someone else's benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Off the sound of it I would say 15/50. Not...
Replies
Views
Back