Best Multimeter for testing Central Heating and Boilers? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best Multimeter for testing Central Heating and Boilers? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

From what you said you wanted to use it for a cheapo will do it. Some people will tell you you should buy a Mercedes or go on holiday to Monaco, but I’ve had plenty of fun in the back of a cortina in Cromer!
Bloody Cortina lol Im sure my old man had one of those. Cheers for your input

Bloody Cortina lol Im sure my old man had one of those. Cheers for your input
I had one and I liked it. Excellent gear box. Plenty of space under the bonnet to work on it. Good clearance between valves and pistons so a snapped cam belt was a thirty minute repair that cost a tenner in parts.

I had one and I liked it. Excellent gear box. Plenty of space under the bonnet to work on it. Good clearance between valves and pistons so a snapped cam belt was a thirty minute repair that cost a tenner in parts.
CAM belt? none of the Cortina's I had even thought about a CAM belt, in fact they where not overhead cam except the Lotus variant I had the twin 40DCOE's did get in the way of the distributor cap though, showing my age I suppose.

This is not always a bad thing - twice at £10 is better than once at £180 if the tool does the job you require of it !!!!!!
The Testo 760-1 can be bought for under £100.00 and will do more that a £10.00 version including not blow up if you have the leads in the wrong way around, which is the major thing that normally spells their demise.

Can you tell i'm bored today, been stuck in since March, only ventured out once to go fishing in the middle of last year, now it's too cold to even do that, but the season has ended anyway.

I too am bored. Bloody COVID. 4 months work in the last 9 months is really taking it’s toll. I’m currently home schooling 2 little ones.

Got 1 last year - auto ranging - all good - didn't break the bank.

Got 1 last year - auto ranging - all good - didn't break the bank.
Only auto ranging if you turn the dial to the correct position and will not tell you that the lead is in the wrong place, I don't think I could ever go back to a manual dial now, having used the Testo for a year or so.

really? Can’t get a plumber or 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' around here at all
Yes mate. I normally sub to a company who have been hit quite bad work wise. Also the little town I live in has recently had a massive influx of plumbers to the area. 5 years ago there was 3 local guys now there’s about 19 advertising.

Yes mate. I normally sub to a company who have been hit quite bad work wise. Also the little town I live in has recently had a massive influx of plumbers to the area. 5 years ago there was 3 local guys now there’s about 19 advertising.

you have have got too many eggs in too few baskets ...

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
What type of boiler is it?
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
The Fluke 116 tests for micro amps, which is...
Replies
Views
Back