Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

O

oldplumber

I bought a bosch combi drill 13 months back, :) now one af the NimHd batteries is already shot (despite running it flat prior to charging):mad:. Bosch offered a 3 year warranty on the drill but its not muchgood if the batteries die after 13 months, and you find the batteries arent part of a 3 yr warranty. what really ****es me off isIve got 3 NiCad batteries fm Bosch that are 4 yrs old and as good as the day I bought that drill, which is now back in the van. It seems that the more tools cost now the less they last, especially if the makers add "Professional" to the title

Any opinions on the best kit to buy nowadays, Milwarkee seems to be top of the polls in my area

Makita most of the time. Still have 2 of the original 3 14.4v batteries from 2 years ago and the 3rd was my fault as I dropped the torch in a cistern. Hilti for big drills for core drilling every time. Last a lifetime if you look after it (and it doesnt get nicked).

Got a Hitatchi 18v combi and impact, look good and perform great. (Green and black series) - Cant fault them at all. Even chose the combi over the makita due to performance being almost identical but the hitatchi taking over in looks (yes thats very sad!)

thanks team, local merchant has just dropped bosch this last week and gone over to makita so now I can get one of those little site radios for company, although the bosch rep has promised to retrieve my battery and have it tested? maybe theyll replace it. Agree hilti are great but they seem to walk to easily!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, the missus came in tonight complaining she could smell diesel from her wagon (old discovery) and I see the tanks split, so Ill be waiting a bit longer for my replacement drill!!!!!!

thanks team, local merchant has just dropped bosch this last week and gone over to makita so now I can get one of those little site radios for company, although the bosch rep has promised to retrieve my battery and have it tested? maybe theyll replace it. Agree hilti are great but they seem to walk to easily!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, the missus came in tonight complaining she could smell diesel from her wagon (old discovery) and I see the tanks split, so Ill be waiting a bit longer for my replacement drill!!!!!!

they have dropped bosch ? how many complaints have they had ? most our suppliers round here supply both makita and bosch.

i have had no problems with either but prefer milwaukee.

to be honest though whatevers charged and to hand will do me as long as it gets the job done - but the powertools ive spent my money on (my being the important word are milwaukee) but id not turn my nose up at anything on offer if it works and have makita and bosch tools in the van that all work well.

I have use of Dewalt and Makita 18v Lithium hammer drills. Makita have been doing lithium longer than most so they have great long lasting batteries but for sheer grunt i would have my Dewalt every time. I have a bosch 10v screwdriver which i swear by though because of its size and power

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have you spoken to Mira? Seems to me to be the...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Back