Best Price for a Magnaclean | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best Price for a Magnaclean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeffrey Cumpsty

I am looking at putting a Magnaclean Professional 2 on my boiler.

I have recently had a boiler issue where the boiler was constantly losing pressure. After many arguments with "EON Central Heating Care", I cancelled the cover and got the system repaired by Worcester Bosch. The fault was down to a leak internally in the Heat Cell, resulting in a new heat cell.

Now that the Heat Cell has been replaced, i would like to install a Magnaclean Professional 2 into the central heating return pipe to remove sludge and debris from the system.

The best price I have found is £88.90 delivered. Does anyone know where I can get a better price. I want the new (black) unit.

Thanks

I am looking at putting a Magnaclean Professional 2 on my boiler.

I have recently had a boiler issue where the boiler was constantly losing pressure. After many arguments with "EON Central Heating Care", I cancelled the cover and got the system repaired by Worcester Bosch. The fault was down to a leak internally in the Heat Cell, resulting in a new heat cell.

Now that the Heat Cell has been replaced, i would like to install a Magnaclean Professional 2 into the central heating return pipe to remove sludge and debris from the system.

The best price I have found is £88.90 delivered. Does anyone know where I can get a better price. I want the new (black) unit.

Thanks

youll have another "pressure dropping issue" with your system I'd you install one of these mate :)

seriously though, magnacleans are well known for leaking. Not sure on the magnaclean 2, maybe this issue has been sorted??? I'd have a shop around before you install one of these.

There are other filters out there that do just as good a job, maybe they might be more expensive - who knows? But from my experience, I wouldn't fit a magnaclean in my own home.

Installed my first Trappex Centramag today, very impressed. Would be worth a try :)

youll have another "pressure dropping issue" with your system I'd you install one of these mate :)

seriously though, magnacleans are well known for leaking. Not sure on the magnaclean 2, maybe this issue has been sorted??? I'd have a shop around before you install one of these.

There are other filters out there that do just as good a job, maybe they might be more expensive - who knows? But from my experience, I wouldn't fit a magnaclean in my own home.

Thanks for the advice. I DO appreciate constructive advice! but I have done some research, and found that for every person who doesn't like them there is someone who does. This is V.2 so I am expecting it is better than V.1. Plus the alternative is that the system get's sludged up and damaged from the inside out, so I think a £90 investment to try one of these is worth the punt. As for the pressure drop, it was down to holes in the heat cell; if this unit leaks it will be pretty obvious where it is coming from.

Cheers.

Installed my first Trappex Centramag today, very impressed. Would be worth a try :)
Trappex Centramag is cheaper than the Magnaclean.

How easy are THEY to install, because the Magnaclean looks to be a peace of cake?

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon this is one of those diminishing returns things.

Fitting a filter onto a system that doesn't have one - 1000 points
Deciding which filter brand to choose - 10 points

We can (and do) argue all day about which one has the stronger magnet, which has the biggest capacity, which is most likely to leak, which has the best after-sales.

Its a bit like arguing about which is the best car between a merc and a bmw in front of someone who travels by bus.

Trappex Centramag is cheaper than the Magnaclean.

How easy are THEY to install, because the Magnaclean looks to be a peace of cake?

As easy as the magna, plus the trappex collects non magnetic debris.

Last edited by a moderator:
As easy as the magna, plus the trappex collects non magnetic debris.

Cheers. so does the Magnaclean Professional 2. I watched all of the videos and the ease of service and installation of the magnaclean suits me.

i would also add that going for the best price is all fine and good, but if it has a problem when you go to fit it you cant walk into the store and sort it out. Sometimes it pays to pay a few pounds more, support your local suppliers and get a better personal service. Saves waiting days for a spare and swapping emails etc...

Have not read above so this is my opinion - Magnaclean are well marketed and
popular but technically RUBBISH - weak magnets and a poor history.

There are other units that are better - and cheaper.....Sentinel do some good ones
(I helped design them) but the star of the show at present is Trappex/centramag

Price and performance wipes the others out

centralheatking

Ray is right BUT water condition is paramount - OK FIT A FILTER but then add/inject
the water conditioning treatments and then all is well...treat the symptom - chemically and solve the problem mechanically (filter) so to protect a new system £60 trappex £ 15 inhibitor
to protect a new £3000 system its a no brainer...chk
I reckon this is one of those diminishing returns things.

Fitting a filter onto a system that doesn't have one - 1000 points
Deciding which filter brand to choose - 10 points

We can (and do) argue all day about which one has the stronger magnet, which has the biggest capacity, which is most likely to leak, which has the best after-sales.

Its a bit like arguing about which is the best car between a merc and a bmw in front of someone who travels by bus.

i would also add that going for the best price is all fine and good, but if it has a problem when you go to fit it you cant walk into the store and sort it out. Sometimes it pays to pay a few pounds more, support your local suppliers and get a better personal service. Saves waiting days for a spare and swapping emails etc...

You're partially right. but by all accounts if your half intelligent, then installation is straight forward act of cutting out the pipe and insertint the device. most "local" suppliers would simply tell you to call the manufacturer help line anyway. I called every plumbing merchant within about 5 miles, and offered them my business...Not asking them to beat the price, but assking them to match it, including deliver charge, even though I would collect it from their shop. None of them took me up on the offer, so I think there comes a time when you simply cant give the business to local suppliers.

you have hit the nail on the head! If only they could sort the leaking lid problem ,that is why they lost the BG contract ,down to call backs .
I have designed the centramag so this will not be a problem ,also if you do have a dirt system ,you could win a holiday to spain worth £1000 .The centramag is £59.00 from heating world of spares(online) ,a lot cheaper than magnaclean.

You're partially right. but by all accounts if your half intelligent, then installation is straight forward act of cutting out the pipe and insertint the device. most "local" suppliers would simply tell you to call the manufacturer help line anyway. I called every plumbing merchant within about 5 miles, and offered them my business...Not asking them to beat the price, but assking them to match it, including deliver charge, even though I would collect it from their shop. None of them took me up on the offer, so I think there comes a time when you simply cant give the business to local suppliers.

if i take back a faulty product to any shop, merchant etc.... it will be replaced or i will be given my money back. This is my right as a comsumer and im protected by law.

inteligence is one thing, experience is another.

you have hit the nail on the head! If only they could sort the leaking lid problem ,that is why they lost the BG contract ,down to call backs .
I have designed the centramag so this will not be a problem ,also if you do have a dirt system ,you could win a holiday to spain worth £1000 .The centramag is £59.00 from heating world of spares(online) ,a lot cheaper than magnaclean.

Did mick from gas spares shop get hold of you today? Wants to place another order!

julesverne was the lucky winner yesterday ,who knows it could be you next month ,this is for the forum members only !

Last edited:
Is the Centramag only sold through a retailer or are they available direct?

Have a requirement for 2 of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That’s up to you, but might be all a plumber...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Replies
Views
Back