Best Price for a Magnaclean | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best Price for a Magnaclean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i take back a faulty product to any shop, merchant etc.... it will be replaced or i will be given my money back. This is my right as a comsumer and im protected by law.

This is a bit of an odd one actually, and isn't as straightforward as it appears.

As soon as you walk past a sign that says "trade counter", or operate a trade account, or accept a trade discount, you are making a business purchase. Business purchases do not enjoy the same statutory protections as consumer purchases. You still have the protection of contract law, including the prohibition on unfair contract provisions, but its a completely different legal framework, and less slanted in favour of the purchaser.

When buying online, its not easy to establish at the time of sale whether you are transacting as a consumer or as a business, since most public websites don't differentiate between the two.

So you can be in bizarre situation buying online where you actually have better legal rights, but they are harder to enforce because its not so easy to physically turn up demand them.

Your legal rights may be weaker at the merchant, but you have more chance of getting your problem sorted through personal contacts, goodwill, long standing relationships etc.

Ian at AMS (AT Carr) told me he has sold 80+ centramags and wants you to send me some lolly to buy him a beer or two
Centramags at AMS West Lancashire
collect £55 + vat
just sold 150 filters to a merchant that has 3 outlets !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a bit of an odd one actually, and isn't as straightforward as it appears.

As soon as you walk past a sign that says "trade counter", or operate a trade account, or accept a trade discount, you are making a business purchase. Business purchases do not enjoy the same statutory protections as consumer purchases. You still have the protection of contract law, including the prohibition on unfair contract provisions, but its a completely different legal framework, and less slanted in favour of the purchaser.

When buying online, its not easy to establish at the time of sale whether you are transacting as a consumer or as a business, since most public websites don't differentiate between the two.

So you can be in bizarre situation buying online where you actually have better legal rights, but they are harder to enforce because its not so easy to physically turn up demand them.

Your legal rights may be weaker at the merchant, but you have more chance of getting your problem sorted through personal contacts, goodwill, long standing relationships etc.

i would just lock the trade counter door and no body would leave untill i got treated correctly, its easyier to kick somebodys arse when they are infront of you and not on the internet! :)

i should add violence never solves anything.............

AND my biggest hate is - I turn up at Plumbers merchant counter to buy whatever - AND
GUESS WHAT someone else phones in and the staff take his call and MAKE ME WAIT !
I have shown much more commitment than a phone call by turning up to buy ....
over to you Ray.4 comments.......centralheatking
i would just lock the trade counter door and no body would leave untill i got treated correctly, its easyier to kick somebodys arse when they are infront of you and not on the internet! :)

i should add violence never solves anything.............

AND my biggest hate is - I turn up at Plumbers merchant counter to buy whatever - AND
GUESS WHAT someone else phones in and the staff take his call and MAKE ME WAIT !
I have shown much more commitment than a phone call by turning up to buy ....
over to you Ray.4 comments.......centralheatking

I agree, its sh!te, and I hate it when it happens to me in any business. I had it recently when I was waiting to pay my bill after having a tyre fixed, and the only bloke in the office took an incoming call that took ages. I nearly reached over and hung it up for him.

I agree, its sh!te, and I hate it when it happens to me in any business. I had it recently when I was waiting to pay my bill after having a tyre fixed, and the only bloke in the office took an incoming call that took ages. I nearly reached over and hung it up for him.
i would have said "as you clearly don't want my money i'll pay next time i'm passing" and see how quickly he hangs up.

he has started to buy 50 centramags at a time and shifts them within few weeks ,ever since he has pushed the centramag ,he hasnt sold one magnaclean!!!!!!!!!!
Ian at AMS (AT Carr) told me he has sold 80+ centramags and wants you to send me some lolly to buy him a beer or two
Centramags at AMS West Lancashire
collect £55 + vat

This just shows when informed sales staff inform the c/h engineer about their real choices THEN proper products can be sold to informed engineers:willy_nilly:QUOTE=bspareltd;472849]he has started to buy 50 centramags at a time and shifts them within few weeks ,ever since he has pushed the centramag ,he hasnt sold one magnaclean!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you are right ,the right sales staff can shift a good product
This just shows when informed sales staff inform the c/h engineer about their real choices THEN proper products can be sold to informed engineers:willy_nilly:QUOTE=bspareltd;472849]he has started to buy 50 centramags at a time and shifts them within few weeks ,ever since he has pushed the centramag ,he hasnt sold one magnaclean!!!!!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That’s up to you, but might be all a plumber...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Replies
Views
Back