best system for solid fuel??? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss best system for solid fuel??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
whats the best way to do a central heating & how tater with solid fuel? seen some systems with 2 pipe stats on the flow and return from the solid fuel burner to switch central heating pump on/off. any ideas??

the two stats are to stop thermal shock to the stove which can cause corrosion to the heat exchanger and overheating. low limit stat to basically stop cold water from the heating system getting pumped into a hot heat exchanger by waiting for the primary gravity return to be warm enough so when the pump kicks in it mixes with the gravity return to keep the temp up. the hi limit stat to kick the heating in to take away excess heat.

thermal stores are great for solid fuel systems.

work their best when with a buffer/accumulator so it stores the heat created for when it is needed, need a fair sized room for a buffer though as they start at a minimum of 500 litres plus you'd still need a DHW cylinder.

Plenty of ways of doing it well, although if it's a completely new install and a blank piece of paper, I'd swing towards a decent Thermal store as a good starting point...
Have a chat with a local HETAS wet installer near you for advice (search the HETAS website for your local guys) and they will help you out...

work their best when with a buffer/accumulator so it stores the heat created for when it is needed, need a fair sized room for a buffer though as they start at a minimum of 500 litres plus you'd still need a DHW cylinder.

In fact you don't need a separate hot water cylinder because most good heat stores incorporate hot water coils too.
One of the examples - Linszter LMT 2000 1V + DN20 Thermal store

yes you can use a thermal store but i personally dont lke them as you dont actually have much of a store of DHW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes it will be controlled on boiler thermostat.
Replies
Views
Original reply deleted because I misread question.
Replies
Views
I agree with Severn Trent. Since we don't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log...
Replies
Views
Have a look at a heat genie system link...
Replies
Views
Back