Best way to channel pipes into bathroom wall for a shower? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best way to channel pipes into bathroom wall for a shower? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

malcky

Hi folks, would like to know what is the best way you would gouge/channel the wall to put pipes into for a shower mixer unit?

Looking for tools and methods you would do this, Im still at college and not covered this yet in detail but i did ask the tutor and he said would a grinder to slice up the wall at 1 inch spacing and then use hammer & chisel to knock the channel for each pipe.

Is this the way folks on here would use?

Thanks

Erbauer ERB125Y 125mm Wall Chaser 230V | NoLinkingToThis may cost a bit but for ease of use, convenience and stick a vacuum on it to give dust free work the dogs bits, then charge the customer how long it would take to hand chisel it out to recoup the costs after all, they have to pay one or other to get the job done.

Looks like a good shout!

Upvote 0
Aye it does look like would be perfect for the job....but none are in stock within reasonable distance from me...will keep an eye out over the next week or so as dont need it right now, unless there are other ones at similar price that folks know of?

I searched and found: Clarke CON1450WC 240V 1450W Wall Chaser - Power Tools, Grinders & Chasers, Wall Chasers

or Silverline 1200W 150mm 240v Wall Chaser - Power Tools, Grinders & Chasers, Wall Chasers

or 1700w Diamond Wall Chaser: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

these are all cheaper versions/models but wondered if anyone has tried any out?

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Aye it does look like would be perfect for the job....but none are in stock within reasonable distance from me...will keep an eye out over the next week or so as dont need it right now, unless there are other ones at similar price that folks know of?

I searched and found: Clarke CON1450WC 240V 1450W Wall Chaser - Power Tools, Grinders & Chasers, Wall Chasers

or Silverline 1200W 150mm 240v Wall Chaser - Power Tools, Grinders & Chasers, Wall Chasers

or 1700w Diamond Wall Chaser: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

these are all cheaper versions/models but wondered if anyone has tried any out?
Stop trying to look for cheaper tools!! Buy cheap, buy twice. Its a saying that you should have in mind. Not always the case but 9 times out of 10

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I agree with not buying cheap stuff usually, however it seems that a wall chaser is not very common tool and so not something I want to spend top price for....if however once I know what and how work will pan out once college course is complete and it turns out that im chasing walls loads then I will buy a better one.

Reason im looking for one now is im moving into new flat next week and I know im installing a shower as one of the early jobs to be done in there.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
As an update, what I did was: Applied a blob...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any photos to share of your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
Back