Biasi 24S boiler taking ages to heat up water. Any ideas? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Biasi 24S boiler taking ages to heat up water. Any ideas? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gemmcd

Hi,
Could anyone give me any ideas as to what could be wrong with my boiler? I would really appreciate it.
I have a Biasi 24S when has been acting up for sometime. He central heating side of it is fine no problems at all. It is just when it comes to getting hot water. For sometime now (over the past few months) I have noticed that the water when you have the taps on full was getting colder and colder. Then this weekend you are having to run the taps for ages to get any hot water at all and even then it is hit and miss. The taps have to be running pretty fast to get the boiler to kick in.
Also a couple of months ago if the taps and the central heating were on at the same time the boiler was really loud. This only lasted a day or so and just when I was thinking about getting someone out to it it stopped. So I forgot all about it, until now. I don't know whether it is related?
Thank you in advance.
Gemma.

Sorry I forgot to say it is a gas combi boiler.
Thanks
Gem.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like the diverter valve has a perforated diaphragm. the diaphragm can be changed or just change the head of the diverter. without looking at it though cant be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Back