Bio mass boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bio mass boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

On a school i do there is now a big 190kw biomass installed to there in contract for a year for service etc but after this they want to use me. Whats to stop me servicing it ? I dont want to install them just servicing side

what quals and pieces of paper do i need ?

There's nothing at the moment to stop you Ryan.

But I would suggest getting on a manufacturers course if you can. What make is it.

And welcome back!

Thanks mate.

I think its eta ? That right ? Big yellow and black beast with 8 inch? touch screen on the front ?

image.jpg

If you do the level 2 course through Innasol at the Essex training centre, that will get you everything you need to know about that boiler. Its a 195kw, very easy to service and software is a doddle to use.
Oh and say hi to Elmar Deutch for me, i owe him a jagerbomb from a night out in Austria at the ETA factory

If you do the level 2 course through Innasol at the Essex training centre, that will get you everything you need to know about that boiler. Its a 195kw, very easy to service and software is a doddle to use.
Oh and say hi to Elmar Deutch for me, i owe him a jagerbomb from a night out in Austria at the ETA factory

How much is it ?

not sure, the modules you need are 2 - basic controls and basic servicing, 3/4 - advanced servicing and controls. They are 1 day courses so 3 in total and would be held in the Innasol training facility at Reigate Barn, Essex.

not sure, the modules you need are 2 - basic controls and basic servicing, 3/4 - advanced servicing and controls. They are 1 day courses so 3 in total and would be held in the Innasol training facility at Reigate Barn, Essex.

Thanks very much sent them an email. See what they reply

Anybody got a rough idea of a figure you would be looking at for a maintanece contract on this for a year ?

Meaning all break downs and servicing including parts.

The school is in one now but been promised to me if i want it really. They get charged £700 to serivce the thing. But they took the contract with the company instead

how old is the boiler? if its new, the main things that will give you grief will be the agitator arms being left out when the fuel store is filled, this can be a ballache to clear. other issues weve had is buffer,return sensors.they are PT1000 sensors and readily available, We have changed a couple of lambda probes but thats about it on our boilers and they are about 3 yrs old now. Be carefull of doing software upgrades as they can knock the timing out on the fuelling and without the developer code you cant change it back!!. Get them to have it connected to the internet and set up the remote access through www.meineta.at . you can see what the issue is before leaving home and it may be something that can be sorted without a site visit.

how old is the boiler? if its new, the main things that will give you grief will be the agitator arms being left out when the fuel store is filled, this can be a ballache to clear. other issues weve had is buffer,return sensors.they are PT1000 sensors and readily available, We have changed a couple of lambda probes but thats about it on our boilers and they are about 3 yrs old now. Be carefull of doing software upgrades as they can knock the timing out on the fuelling and without the developer code you cant change it back!!. Get them to have it connected to the internet and set up the remote access through www.meineta.at . you can see what the issue is before leaving home and it may be something that can be sorted without a site visit.

How hard is it to connect to the internet ? Simple ethernet job or full scale pain in bum ?

If they asked you for a price on a yearly service contract how much would you say roughly ?

Fuel quality and care taker will be biggest issue. Bet it's oveesiEd so will run cold and have a rotten flue.

I would do overhaul before u start £350 then say £1500 a year ?

to get remote access you need to register a new account at www.meineta.at , it costs nothing just fill in the details and they send you a username and password which you can change. Then the boiler just needs ethernet connection, its already wired for it with 3m trailing lead usually tucked in the back trunking. Plug it in, go to the boiler display, press meineta access, type in your username and password an you should be good to go. biggest problem is if there is a firewall as these dont recognise the ip address and block it.
i think Ermi's price is somewhere about right if its a newish boiler, like any boiler the older it gets, the more work is involved in servicing and repairing it.

have you heard back from Innasol, level 2,3,4 are £149 each

MODULE 1: TECHNICAL SALES AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
Target Group: Designers, Sales, Specifiers, Engineers and Architects.
Duration: 1 day
This course covers:
ETA and Innasol “The perfect team”.
Biomass technology for long term sustainability.
Basic hydraulics and buffer sizing.
Scope of touch control and ‘mein ETA’ capability.
Complete ETA product range in depth.
ETA biomass “Always a step ahead”.

MODULE 2: APPLICATION AND INSTALLATION
Target Group: Engineers, Installers, Service Technicians.
This course covers:
Hydraulic designs and application.
Fuel store and fuel feed design options.
Boiler positioning and fuel feed assembly.
Flue guidelines with emphasis on “good practice”.
Wiring and circuit board management.

MODULE 3: SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
Target Group: Installers, Service Technicians.
This course covers:
In depth control navigation and parameter set up.
Complete touch panel and ‘mein ETA’ functionality.
Essential pre start up checks.
Complete operating and monitoring of “The burn process”.
Trouble shooting and fault finding.
User hand over and instruction.

MODULE 4: SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
Target Group: Installers, Service Technicians.
This course covers:
Monitoring and assessing the boiler information.
Understanding fuel management and the effects on performance and service.
Required service and maintenance procedures for the complete ETA biomass range.
Troubleshooting and parts replacement.
Life expectancy and checking for wear of components.

Only one jäger !!! I felt like I had a wagon load after the factory night , very well looked after

it was my bosses 40th the day we arrived in Austria so there was certainly more than one, i think it was well after 3 when we left the pub in the town. Even had to knock the Innasol CEO up from his pit as he was supposed to be driving us to the factory - best bit is the bar in the reception area and the fit "receptionist" asking if we wanted vodka's at 8.30 in the morning.
if Carlsberg made biomass boilers!!!!!:17::party:

Factory unbelievable tidy just felt like moving some nuts and bolts into the wrong tubs, as far to tidy.
We stayed in little village were the pub game was to knock a 6 inch nail into a lump of Wood with a slating hammer !! In one go , After jäger

the factory is unbelievably clean, and no one seemed to be working they were just stood around talking. even the forklift trucks were stopping for us to cross the yard - that wouldnt happen here!!, free creche for workers kids, gyms, free electric charging, they certainly know how to treat their workers. its a shame they moved the training to Essex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Back