Bio mass boilers | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bio mass boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i suggested undersized and the company that installed it swears it isnt. Old bulding of a school. Cast iron rads and alot of rooms have the in ceiling heating where its just one pipe back and fourth.

The system it took over was 6 hamworthys i cant think off top of my head what kw they are but guess at 60 and that equals 360kw.

The system now is installed and has the two buffers. Then coming from the buffers theres a very smal amount of pipework and a pump with a heat ex connecting into the original boilers. If we isolate the biomass and fire up the hamworthys the heating system is perfect.

So either the boiler is undersized or theres a problem.

I wouldn't be so sure about the undersizing bit. The one I mentioned earlier was a 120kw feeding a building roughly the size of a large school. I would've swore that that was undersized. Especially as the boiler it replaced was a 500kw cast iron shell boiler.

But once I had the back end valve and temperature sorted and the buffer got up to temp..... No end of hot water for the heating! I won't fib, I was astounded!

Went through the cold snap earlier this year without missing a beat and the oiler only came on for a couple of hours here and there to top up the temp.

Your absolutely right, if the volume of the buffers has been calculated to deliver the load at peak times then you could have a smaller boiler

Im hopefully going there today or tomorrow and there is a layout diagram somwhere.

There is a heat meter on the circuit with the heat exchanger. It could well be the right size and just set up wrong.

Whats the best tempa for the buffers ?

At the top ? Ill go have another look when i can. Ive gotta hang another 6 myson convectors but im not doing it because the system wont heat the ones that are in now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Back