Blimey !...been 26 years since I was threatened with expulsion....!! | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blimey !...been 26 years since I was threatened with expulsion....!! in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blumper

....and it would be a crying shame to lose the username Blumper.....was astonished it was available to be honest...

Anyway, as a newbie I have mostly questions I'm afraid, the answers to which are invariably always available here. But for the purpose of introductions, I live in France, bloody hate it and am returning to UK end of September. Lived in ireland for 20 years, (long story) and worked as a tiler and bathroom fitter, doing a fair bit of plumbing (which I really enjoyed) and all in all did quite well. In a nutshell, got sick of the weather, sold up and moved out here to France 4 years ago. Now I'm returning to UK, research has proved that my experience counts for crud, so I've been back and done the C&G 6129, (I know, it sounds far more fancy that it is, and I know its about as valuable as blunt pipe slice....) and now have to spend even more sheckles on a Gas course somewhere so I can register Gas Safe, and then have to beg and coerce some already overly bamboozled companies or generous individuals into letting me tag along so I can complete the NVQ level 2/3 and maybe then I can put 15 years experience to good use...!!

Any offers greatly appreciated ; ), haven't quite decided where in UK to fo back too, so don't let yuour location put you off..!!

Cheers for now, and well done by the way to all of you, it is a fantastic resource and great that so many of you find the time to impart advice and contribute, here's hoping I can be up there with the most ardent of you in the months to come.

Bonjour ! Une douzaine de poulet Où est l'arrêt de bus le plus proche ? mon vélo est manquante.

mon aimee (spelling?)

dont ask someone to help you with nvq, just get a job as a plumber if youve done it before, then sort out nvq bit

Ah, ecowarm, avec votre Francais, je suis sur que les femmes vous adorent.....

...anyway, sod all that, its a rare change to parlez les anglais, had enough French to last a lifetime........ I might not yet be able to offer such noble advice as you lot on matters pressures, pipes and pumps etc, but if any of you are thinking of moving to the sunshine and working here in France....SPEAK TO ME FIRST...on that I am an authority and will do my upmost to put you off..!!! in the meantime I'm off to do a spot of fishing, 36 deg here at the moment... ;)

Cheers fuzzy, understand that, but its the getting a job with just a 6129, despite the previous years experience that's the tough bit, NVQ level 2 seems to be minimum for anything half decent and need to be working to get that under the belt.......cold calling from France on the phone ain't doing it so just have to pick my location carefully before I move back and hope for the best...

i dont know any french so im not going to embarass myself, but welcome to the forums :)

Praesent quis Gallus ut im acturus angustaret me scire, sed grata forums

i hear you buddy, i wish you luck, i wouldnt say what quals you have, just say yes im a plumber, been doing it years never did the quals when i started out and then give details on 6129 if pushed, good luck

Google's latin transation of GQuigley67's:

i dont know any french so im not going to embarass myself, but welcome to the forums

cheers again fuzzy, that about sums it up, just got to decide where to move to now. Devon/Cornwall are lovely, but I'd imagine not much work about there, too quiet perhaps, Kent is tres cher, (too expensive what with all this Olympic malarchy) and further north........is it too cold ?.....any ideas anyone ? only me and the missus to consider and would go anywhere, so where's nice to live that might also offer a chance of a new start ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
Good to know. FWIW, I've seen this...
Replies
Views
D
be carefull, as i keep posting, not sure if...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
Back