blocked soilstack | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss blocked soilstack in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
had a call today , blocked toilet. so first tryed a mop in the toilet, no movement! opend the manhole, totally clear. tapped the soilstack , felt totally blocked solid, and one joint was leaking! so tried to rod from manhole , but there was a bend before it reacked the foot of stack. so simply i failed becasue rods fould not go aroud corner, what do you guys use? i have drain rods with the spiral bit and a plunger, but no wheel! are they any good? if so what for?

this is why access panels should be fitted at the base of the stack. Only bits I use are the screw or the scraper but if you cant get a rod around the corner neither will make any difference.
Is it a possibility to take the top of the stack off and rod downhill ?

pressure washer and drain jet attachment, decent 15/20m one cost me £30 off the net

I have split a stack above a first floor Tee and rodded down hill before now, and to be fair I would probably do that given the opportunity over an access point at the base!

Wouldn't want to unscrew that access with a couple meters of poo above it!!!

After a bit of thaught .......... perhaps, we would all be better forgetting taking off the top of the stack, forget buying power washer attachments and buying a proper plunger rather than a mop. LOL

They make a spring and an attachment coupling that screws onto a rod to guide it round the bend I have one in the shed if I find it I'll post a picture....regards Turnpin:43:

You could try a normal garden hose if the manhole is quite close to the stack, with the cold weather the hose should stay quite stiff to get up the stack a fair way, or you could make a poo fountain with an air plunger

All would do is tap the plastic stack - to find out where the blockage is - and saw thro
get dirty and when clear fit back with a no1 coupling with the stops filled off.

MInd you ! - its bit dogey this one vertical stack blocked ! are we gettin the full picture
rare for a vertical 4inch to block up CHK unless crop has had a crap

Should ask if there are any toys missing? Like action man in his full scuba gear!! or possibly a small navy seal team and boat!! You'll be suprised how much crap action man can hold up!!

buy a few coiled steel rods go round anything .other than a plunger ive never put any attachments on to rods as the stop them going round bends or worse get stuck when pulling out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Bit of wierd one but here goes. Live in a...
Replies
Views
L
get a cheap (£15) 5meter camera from ebay...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
C
Well if that happens, I'll dig up replace...
Replies
Views
cammy0102
C
N
Just in case you're in any doubt as to who is...
Replies
Views
J
Just to say what problen was in the end. I was...
Replies
Views
Jillian
J
Back