Blocked toilet | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blocked toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh i hear ya, sadly they hear hour and think it's pro rata.
Needs spelling out with 5 mins or an hour imho

I think your charge of £45 was extremely reasonable, especially as it was a Sat morn call out
You were prepared to be elbows deep in shyte if needed, as it was a plunge sorted it
If you get the same response in future, ask them how much would it take for them to cover themselves in shyte to earn a living
It's what I have said in the past and it works

You seem to have way more than your fair share of people who hire you with the intention of trying it on with the price.

So you either live on Scaghead and Wasters Estate or you're doing something wrong.

Doesn't sound like it's what you say, what you drive or what you do.

It's a mystery.

Sounds like I do similar work to you (although i avoid blocked bogs) and I rarely mention price in advance, rock up in a 14 year old van that's not been washed since I've owned it, wearing trousers that often look like they belong to a painter and I 99% of people accept the price I give them first punt. And I aint cheap.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you've got a hint of a lack of confidence about you or something? Although why that would bring out the inner blagger in people I dont know.

I don't think so!

I'll stop posting what I do from now.

I ain't no mug or pushover

Too nice maybe

I don't think so!

I'll stop posting what I do from now.

I ain't no mug or pushover

Too nice maybe

Keep the toys in the pram old bean, think we're all just trying to help.

From what I've read you've got a great go-getter attitude, almost fearless. I'm sure whatever the missing piece is that gets you lumbered with chancers will fall into place before long.

i think anything less than £60 an hour is selling your self short

I wouldn't get it Steve.

I've got a job next week, Thursday, new tap revivers, basin, £8.50 for parts, £50 whole job. Had another quote £30 all in. I said get them to do it. They rang me back and said they liked me!!

I think if I was doing unvented stuff, gas etc. I could charge more. Couple more years for gas etc. I hope

My mate sold his estate agent last year, he paid the gas chap £25 per cp12. Now I think that's cheap.

Im all good, slowly does it for me.

I suppose it should be £80 minimum (wait for Lame to say £130) to unblock a toilet, after all you are dealing with nastys, if its a simple on your way job round the corner then okay £45/50 as long and its just a simple bucket down or plunge.

If you know it should be an £80 callout/first hour then charge that, £85 callout for me now, new year and all that. If I ever have to lift a manhole cover, £150 straight off. Your in business to earn a living, get some **** in your eye and you could be off work for weeks, so your taking risks with your health doing this, point that out to the wallet holder a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Managed go get a bucket full of baby wipes out...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thank for coming back. Really appreciate you...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Back