Blowback damage/explosion risk | Central Heating Forum | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blowback damage/explosion risk in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

But one persons definition of disconnected isn’t the same as another’s necessarily. It could’ve just been turned off at the wall and the incoming tenant never turned it on. Like I said above we are blind to this case we have no pics and don’t even know what make and model it is. OP has had lots of good suggestions but seems intent on proving the engineer is at fault when no one on here can say hand on heart he’s at fault. For all we know he went in took the obstruction out got the heater working and it’s just the LL being devious.

But one persons definition of disconnected isn’t the same as another’s necessarily. It could’ve just been turned off at the wall and the incoming tenant never turned it on. Like I said above we are blind to this case we have no pics and don’t even know what make and model it is. OP has had lots of good suggestions but seems intent on proving the engineer is at fault when no one on here can say hand on heart he’s at fault. For all we know he went in took the obstruction out got the heater working and it’s just the LL being devious.
Or the LL switched it back on to check it still works, didn’t check for a blockage. And had to call someone in to fix the mess.

Do you have it in writing that the oil boiler is disconnected/should not be used, what is the exact wording of the notification, that's where you start, the illegal access by the LL is your next course of action.

Couple of other thoughts, was this a "Full Repairing" lease?

Wording is very important, for instance:

"Your employees complained of an excessive draft in the premises, upon investigation it was found that the old decommissioned boiler was not fitted with a back draft shutter to the flue, we therefore, insulated this to facilitate a better working environment."

Sounds better than we stuffed some old rags up the flue to block it off.

Last edited:
Personally in that instance where the LL seems to be trying to have your pants down I would have denied all knowledge of the rags etc.

Admittedly I wouldn’t have messed with it in the first place and if I had I’d have labelled it very clearly at the isolation points.

Was the appliance physically disconnected from electrical power and fuel? If so I’d be questioning if it was still considered a heating appliance. There’s not law saying you can’t but a boiler and play with it in our living room, it’s only when you connect it to a fuel/gas source it becomes illegal.

If it’s been disconnected/out of service for an extended period surely it would need to be re commissioned before lightning?

Similar plumbing topics

Hello again Jon, I don`t want to dismay You...
Replies
Views
S
That's good to know, thanks for coming back...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
  • Question
E.Vessel Recharging Looking good and even...
Replies
Views
N
As per your last thread that was closed. No...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
K
It's now reading just over 2 bar after 5hrs in...
Replies
Views
kinlungchan
K
Back