Boiler 15mm gas supply pipes / which boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler 15mm gas supply pipes / which boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
well down gere in londinium they still want 3k as someone i know had the quote the other day straight swap
and when the crunch passes guess what will happen to the prices
there is a limit how low they can go and the one man band will allways be able to trump them but maybe not able to make as much from each job
its like any business eliminate the opposition then raise prices so yes in short term thay will even consider losing money but as soon as the number of installers lessens up go the prices

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, havent had time to read the full thread, but in the first instance before you go through a world of pain in changing your gas supply pipe, why dont you get the pressure checked as it is. You may be pleasantly surprised, it may well be 20!

I think gixxerman, makes a point that a lot customers probably think but don't say. to be honest before i went it alone i used to think the same thing. but then i soon realised we dont get:
sick pay
hoilday pay
we have to pay for
van petrol/diesel
tools. this now runs into thousands
insurance yearly
advertising
consuambles eg invoice pads printer paper.
office equipment
gas safe registration yearly
acs re certification (every 5 years costing approx £1000
time spent quoting doing our books chasing deliveries up. customers not being in at agreed times. all of which is unpaid but we have to factor it in, and there's all the paperwork and trainging to keep upto date with technology

i'm sure there is other stuff i missed but i think if someone who works on PAYE realised just how much it cost to run a business they would never consider running there own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Would it be better to run this pipe in to the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Thanks for that, appreciate it. I think I'm...
Replies
Views
Back