Boiler Break Downs | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Break Downs in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi Guys, Do any of you have a tips on how correctly diagnose boiler faults? Are the any good courses you can reommend.

Mr combi seems to be a popular one , try the manufacturers ones if your gas safe registered

I went on a Baxi course a couple of weeks ago. I didnt really learn anything usefull though it was more about telling you how great there boilers are.

Be a cold day in hell before I fit one of there's again

same here bod, fitted 5 new neta tecs last year, all five broke down within one day of fitting, caused some hassle, and for that reason, IM OUT.

There older boilers were great aswell.

Ive never actually fitted one of there boilers. I was in plumbase and the rep was in there and he said they did a free course. Total waste of time and petrol for me.

same here bod, fitted 5 new neta tecs last year, all five broke down within one day of fitting, caused some hassle, and for that reason, IM OUT.

There older boilers were great aswell.

Same here buddy , worst one is my accountant mum , thankfully they understand it isn't me and are taking legal action against them , they've tried everything to blame it on me , there's a post on here somewhere about I rant I made lol

there course shows you all about there new boilers, but after fitting a few i wont be fitting any more, in my personal experience get yourself on an essential electrics course with a training provider, it did cost me £250 but was worth its weight in gold, learnt y plan and s plan wiring, fault finding, testing of boiler components.

And you get all there books with the course so a good reference point if you ever need them.

Same here buddy , worst one is my accountant mum , thankfully they understand it isn't me and are taking legal action against them , they've tried everything to blame it on me , there's a post on here somewhere about I rant I made lol

Had that aswell bod, it was there known gas valve washer fault (to wich ive now had a letter telling me there going out to all my customers that had one of these boilers) there engineer said it was due to under sized gas pipe that was causing flame failure.

Yeah I've copied letter and sent to all those I sadly fitted one for

Yeah I've copied letter and sent to all those I sadly fitted one for

they should be paying us to sort there mess, the amount of hassle i had off three out of five customers!

i will never ever fit a baxi again on any of my private jobs they were a nightmare dealing with the aftersales utterly horrific!

i will never ever fit a baxi again on any of my private jobs they were a nightmare dealing with the aftersales utterly horrific!

Don't be so hasty mate, experience has taught me that the boiler manufacturers alternate in good and carp products.

As far as my experience is concerned they really need to look at their approved installer scheme utter utter pants , i have had nothing but grief and hassle with it .

I accept that , it's how they deal with it after , by trying to blame everyone but them selfs

Too true, it seems the way of business at the moment.
Too many bean counters and too few engineers.

I'm fitting a lot of solos on a contract at the moment. Utter poo. The flues are a nightmare. Made of the strongest metal known to man both on the inner and outer! And it's about 5 inch! And then for the vertical flue it increases even more! And no clips with the extensions either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back