Boiler choice advice please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler choice advice please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greigwal

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some boiler advice please...... I own a flat tenanted by students and the boiler's packed in, my mate who installs aga's & is gas safe is going to fit a new one for me & he's left the choice, ordering etc to me.
I'm after a 12kw heatonly & I've been looking about online and would like a compromise between £ & reliability! there's a baxi solo 12he, an Ideal logic 12kw & a worcester bosch within a £100 price of each other, thoughts/advice appreciated, would I be paying the extra for the name or are the more expensive really more reliable!?
Cheers in advance

Out of those 3 you have gotta go with Worcester, yes they are dearer but yes they are more reliable.

Cheers, Just looked at the technical sheet for the worcester Greenstar 12ri and the only problem I can see is that the gas supply into the existing boiler is 15mm(I presume the 22mm from the gas meter must be reduced somewhere under the floor in the flat) & the worcester manual says inlet is a 22mm. Will it invalidate the warranty or affect the operation if the 15mm was "steppedup" to 22 to connect to the boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for this summary advice ... I have...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
Back