Boiler choice: Ideal or Vaillant | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler choice: Ideal or Vaillant in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt mate but homeowners don't see it like that

no and they complain when they cant run 2 baths at the same time :)

Once i get over the Ideal history and the pain they have caused..not me as I was lucky.....there is not much between the two boilers....look after both ..maybe 5 vaillant to 1 Ideal...but both tick along well..but must say...liking the new vaillants...class..lnside and out

After being an avid vaillant installer for many years and been disappointed i'm an ideal man now. Only vogue tho don't like logics either.

After being an avid vaillant installer for many years and been disappointed i'm an ideal man now. Only vogue tho don't like logics either.

I think the Vogue is under-rated only by those who haven't fitted one. I honestly haven't had a single customer tell me that they regretted fitting a Vogue.

Have you ever fitted a Vogue LPC?

I haven't, no. But when you've been in the trenches with Isars/Icos and now i'm seeing loads of knackered Logics (replaced a PCB on a 2.5 year old one the other day) there is just no way I would fit an Ideal.

I can't see how they'd be better than a Vaillant? Yes, they're a bit cheaper but to be honest most of my customers aren't price focused.

And now I can give a 10-year warranty on a Plus, and 7 on the price-cut Pro; it's a no brainer really.

It's not about how they are to fit, or how good they look. It's about reliability, back up and track record.
Vaillant three, ideal none!

Valliant are crap back up and parts are expensive.. Ideal E type, Mexico, classic,logic, vogue..... Valliant turbo 242 then down hill. Early Eco with rubber hoses and cracked cony connections below hex. G10 fiasco...

Vogue vs vaillant hmmmm or middleweight vs heavyweight or newbie vs proven product .

Ideal have improved a lot since the last shambles they produced however i have noticed the logic has had faults . Vaillants also have faults but a much bigger company to provide back up tho that said vogue new boiler un tested and ultimately like all manufactured parts will fail.

get a log burner and a big kettle lol

Valliant are crap back up and parts are expensive.. Ideal E type, Mexico, classic,logic, vogue..... Valliant turbo 242 then down hill. Early Eco with rubber hoses and cracked cony connections below hex. G10 fiasco...

Non electronic boilers don't really count, name a bad one!. The shear size of ideal Feau par has wiped the brand from my consciuosnes.

Simply not true. Fitted a Plus that had a dodgy loom, customer rang me 3 days after install, Vaillant came out same day and sorted. Yes rubber hoses were a weak point, but very, very easily sorted.
Vaillant parts are not expensive at all compared to pretty much any other manufacturer. In fact, I find they're on the cheaper end for most things.

Build quality, reliability, backup; second to none, IMO. I try to fit the best for my customers, as they take my advice over any, and in my opinion all things considered, Vaillant are the best boiler you can spend your dollars on. But I have had a drink.

Fitted the Vaillant 831 when it first came out, i was an advocate...After all the slug probs the rubber hose probs the continual diverter probs the dodgy pump probs the fact they now don't have knobs on the front only elderly unfriendly controls, we've ditched them. Ideal were complete sh**e but there vogue is top draw. i dont like the lower end but you'd have to be mad to like a budget from any manufacturer.

I've fitted both and done the training courses on both, my first choice is still the Vogue.
Reasons i love it:
1. Easy to fit
2. Looks great(some homeowners are that shallow)
3. 10 Year warranty
4. Plenty of space in there, I'd rather a bigger boiler with lots of space than a tiny thing thats a barsteward to work on.
5. 7m head pump, easy control interface(you really need the codes for the vaillant) and light up dials :D
6. I've got a free ipad to collect from points \o/

Fitted the Vaillant 831 when it first came out, i was an advocate...After all the slug probs the rubber hose probs the continual diverter probs the dodgy pump probs the fact they now don't have knobs on the front only elderly unfriendly controls, we've ditched them. Ideal were complete sh**e but there vogue is top draw. i dont like the lower end but you'd have to be mad to like a budget from any manufacturer.

You say that but the Baxi Duo Tec isn't bad. Probably a complete accident, but quite robust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Off the sound of it I would say 15/50. Not...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Yes it does. I don't know I can't add a link...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
    • Agree
depending on what you want i can recommend...
Replies
Views
Back