Boiler Choice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Choice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big And

Hi first post so please be gentle........
I am looking at having my heating system converted from an open vented system to a combi one. M
oney no object would go for a Worcester Greenstar 30si or the equivalent Valliant, but the budget doesn’t stretch that far.

So I am looking at either the Potterton Gold 33 HE or Glowworm Flexicom 30 cx and would welcome views as to which is better.

The things governing what boiler you should get should also come down to how many taps you have, showers and rads. All boilers are pretty good these days, as long as you choose something with a good brand name. Personally I don't like Worcesters, I prefer Baxi group boilers, especially their Duo Tec Combi, it is so easy to work on and performs well. I think you can get them for a decent price too.

i got one of these potterton heatmax 33 for £637 all in same as a baxi duotec but about £200 cheaper they are the same boiler but has a potterton name on it

the baxi duotec/potterton heatmax is a MUCH better boiler than the valiant or plastic worcester IMHO the 33 is a good performa go for it

Yes, Baxi is all metal parts, screwed in nicely. Just tighten up the connections on installation (including the DHW thermistor). I have been to a few Worcesters where the plastic has cracked, causing a huge water leak.

Yes, Baxi is all metal parts, screwed in nicely. Just tighten up the connections on installation (including the DHW thermistor). I have been to a few Worcesters where the plastic has cracked, causing a huge water leak.
thats the reason i dont fit Worcester dont start me off about the o rings i think baxi are in for a tuning on there neta tec though

Not fitted one of theses new baxi yet any comments on them guys.

me neither duotec 2 looks ok just the pcb is more complex,will not be fitting the neta tec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
KOP makes the point for me, he has one outlet...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
E
Just to throw in a word. In my life of living...
Replies
Views
Mrs Tara Plumbi
M
P
Fair play to you gasmarc was it an early one...
Replies
Views
Blackcatgas
B
Back