Boiler Comparisson | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Comparisson in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What do you guys say when a customer is asking about upgrading a the current boiler and they ask the difference between say Baxi platinum and Vaillant 831 for e.g?

Reason being baxi 10 year warranty , valiant 5 but valiant being tad more costly .

Especially when the plat is a decent boiler imho

I just advize them to go for an intergas, dont fit anything else now so saves the hassle of this n that etc etc

Are inter gas easy to fit no jig flow returns quite generic to other boilers? (i'm lazy)

I quite often get them asking to quote two boilers which is annoying .

all depends on the boiler coming out really doesnt it, flow, hw, gas, cw, return, is the set up so 105e etc a doddle :)

I quote 3 boilers ideal vogue and logic and budget which is currently for me vokera excell 29 as it only 460.00 at the merchants. Dont always quote the cheapest depends on whether i think they are skint or not. Differences things like quality. I always go for a spiel, ideals built in yorkshire so supporting british manufacturing. Custs like that especially older ones. If they want a worcester i always make them 500 dearer compared to ideals because i dont want to fit them so it stears them nearer to choosing the ideals.

i do Worcester compact and baxi duo

Logic is our cheaper boiler, vogue is middle and ATAG is top end. I generally ask them what they are looking for, ie cost sensitive, all rounder or best available. I don't normally write a quote with more than one boiler on as the decision is usually made during the site visit.

I've found its better doing it that way if you are diplomatic about it, as you take on board what the customer wants, and offer them a product to match it.

Most go for Vogue, although haven't installed a boiler since the ATAG came on board !

Looking to take on intergas if the rep can be bothered to speak to me, bit of a strange one as the rapid is actually very reasonably priced so not quite sure how to sell it?

Last edited:
How are you selling the ATAG as a top end when its same cost as vogue if not a touch cheaper?

Or you going off it being a better engineered boiler?

They aren't cheaper especially if you match the 10 year warranty and I'd be pushing the economiser with flue gas heat recovery for maximum efficiency.

Because we're involved in renewables we tend to market the energy efficiency aspect more than most I would imagine, including smart controls, weather comp etc. We probably lose out on the 'every day boiler' customers but make a better margin off the customers who are willing to take our advice and pay a bit more for the full privilege. For example, I'm hoping to make the most of eRP and use it as a marketing tool as opposed to looking at it as a ball ache that most will see it as.

Been getting prices around a grand for the ATAG with a 7 year warranty Vogue has been dearer but thats the prices i have been getting.

Any idea of the Economiser pricing?

Spoke to ATAG other week they sound the dogs but a bit yes and no wether to push them.

We've just signed the contract for their regional service partner which was a bonus.

You fit them and pull a wire out and we'll fix them and buy you a pint! (Joking of course)

There are a couple of other local companies who are fitting them. Time will tell I think but they seem to be very well made, have a good team and aren't afraid to take on board your suggestions which is nice.

ATAG iC combi is 5 years out the box, economiser is 7. Both extendable up to 10 years. Certainly won't suit the average customer, new name, highprice tag etc. you'd have to market them well.

We've just signed the contract for their regional service partner which was a bonus.

You fit them and pull a wire out and we'll fix them and buy you a pint! (Joking of course)

There are a couple of other local companies who are fitting them. Time will tell I think but they seem to be very well made, have a good team and aren't afraid to take on board your suggestions which is nice.

ATAG iC combi is 5 years out the box, economiser is 7. Both extendable up to 10 years. Certainly won't suit the average customer, new name, highprice tag etc. you'd have to market them well.
And they are owned by Ariston which doesnt help.

imini/ idependant, logic plus, WB cdi are the three i normally quote for. sometimes vogue and baxi duotec/plat may come into it.

i normally talk through warrantys, quality and customer service from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
I often resort to car analogies.

People intuitively understand that a BMW is a better car than a Kia, even though the latter comes with a longer warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back