Boiler condemned by British Gas | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler condemned by British Gas in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys
Many thanks for all the replies and enjoyed reading some of the banter

New boiler is going in on a few weeks so just going to grin and bare it till then. Bought some heaters so not sitting in the cold but it’s the bathing that’s a nightmare especially fur the kids

Thanks

cdi classics are good boilers but a bit on the large side

Are you having a magnetic filter?

Yes having a new one fitted. Im buying the parts so have to get a Worcester magnetic filter and that gives me an extra 2 years warranty !

Have also to get the boiler which is
Worcester Greenstar 34CDi Classic Combination Boiler Natural and flu pipe and a hive central heating controller !

Ive to goto cityplumbing and pay for it next week

Yes having a new one fitted. Im buying the parts so have to get a Worcester magnetic filter and that gives me an extra 2 years warranty !

Have also to get the boiler which is
Worcester Greenstar 34CDi Classic Combination Boiler Natural and flu pipe and a hive central heating controller !

Ive to goto cityplumbing and pay for it next week
You do not have to say, but did they give you a labour only quote ? Or a full install quote

May I ask why your getting the parts

No probs in answering that.
The guy whos doing it for us has an account with them and said he will get an order number and pay it that way. getting him to do other things as well so he said he will give us the price that he gets it for which im more than delighted with.
Dont worry hes very well known and Gas safe

No probs in answering that.
The guy whos doing it for us has an account with them and said he will get an order number and pay it that way. getting him to do other things as well so he said he will give us the price that he gets it for which im more than delighted with.
Dont worry hes very well known and Gas safe
Didn’t answer my question though?:D:D

He has told me the price of the boiler and the labour cost :)

I have a friend who was a builder. He told his punters to go to the merchants and order and pay for materials at his trade price. They did not know that the order and payment was placed on his account. In fact, they paid more than hoss actual rate, and his account benefited from the balance.
OP:
But to get back to BG, was this "advice" ever in writing? If not, then I do not see how they could fall back on it. What were you being covered for, in return for your premiums, after the "advice".

Folk do not realise these contracts are insured based and governed by the Financial Conduct Authority. I would not take the bosses comments as gospel, especially if there is no instruction in writing.

It's an easy way to get the customer to pay for parts upfront. In the light of instances of rogue customers, not a bad plan.

Only problem is that if there is a problem with the boiler, it might be very easy for a situation to develop in which the installer refers the customer to the supplier but the supplier will probably say that it's probably an installation issue and refer the customer to the supplier. Who is right? Does it matter? Customer could be stuck in the middle.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Back