Boiler connection 22mm | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler connection 22mm in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I don’t think it is a rad size issue as the rads don’t get hot, only warm. The house is quite warm as we keep the heating on 24 hrs.
A numbered list of questions for you, as requested:

Qn 1. How much gas the boiler is using when it is on with the thermostat up to 23 degrees? (Take two gas meter readings an hour apart and report the values here.)

Qn2. What is the Central Heating Water target temperature set by the controls on the boiler?

Q3. What is the Central Heating Water flow temperature being reported on the boiler display?

Q4. Is the 'heating demand' light (it's blue on a Worcester Bosch boiler, which is what I think you must have) on continuously?

Q5. Can you hear the boiler shutting down after running for a few minutes, then waiting a while and then firing up again in a cycle while the blue demand light remains lit?

A 16 year old combi boiler is old its quite possible the pump is getting weak and its performance is dropping off you have a heating engineer get him to gas rate the boiler on high rate see how much heat its delivering a few pictures of the boiler may also help. Kop

An experienced Heating Engineer should easily be able to come to a conclusion with this based on his/her knowledge.

If the rads are not getting warm enough, the cause could be a multitude of things.

I don't think you'll get the answers to your problem on a forum because the people you are talking to have not seen or tested your installation and there are too many possibilities with this kind of fault.

It could be a boiler issue - one of many - or indeed an installation problem. whether that be undersized pipework, partial blockages or other restrictions, short circuiting etc. it really needs an accurate diagnosis.

I think the best thing is to find a highly recommended Engineer and trust their conclusions or suggestions based on the results of their investigations.

Flow and return temperatures are always a good place to start with these things in my opinion, as they will give a good indication of where to start looking.

I hope this helps.

Similar plumbing topics

pro 21
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
I should have said "S-plan plus", of course!
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
C
Like my system except a longer feed pipe??
Replies
Views
Back