Boiler cover | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler cover in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A thread about getting customers finance got me thinking.

I've seen quite a few companies about here offering boiler cover for a monthly fee £7.99 etc. These are all smaller firms. How are they managing to offer this sort of cover and not lose money on parts etc baffles me?

I am guessing, but its a bit of a percentage game , they win some and loose some, and hopefully they come out in front

Surely not ? that is madness if that's what they are doing

Yes but surely thats how the boiler manufacturers work on the fixed price repair deal, they fix a boiler it might cost a tenner the next one may cost hundreds

boiler manufacturers pay peanuts for parts so costs arent an issue for them, how small firms cope puzzles me

It's all to do with the terms and conditions.

Customer: er yes hello. My boiler has broken down I was wondering if you could fix it please?

Boiler cover supplier: Oh dear I am everso sorry about that. Unfortunately today has a "y" in it so you're not covered.

It's all about numbers, being picky and get out clauses.

They won't take boilers over x years old, won't take on certain makes/ models and as soon as it goes over a certain price it is beyond repair. Then they charge a fortune to replace it.

Or at least that's how a company I used to work for did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for this summary advice ... I have...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your information guys. On the...
Replies
Views
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Back