Boiler element replacement costs? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler element replacement costs? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ceggleston

Hi,

My Ariston Classico Std 125 has had an element fail (limescale), and I'm looking to replace both elements. I've been given a quote for £70 per element and £120 service (both + VAT) which seems a bit step. Ariston support said product code for a new element is 65101884, and someone else mentioned 816544. Pricing for both don't seem to go above £35, if that.

The quote also mentioned that the service cost included some chemicals too to clean it (remove the limescale I presume). Does this sound right?

Was the quote given to me appropriate (London, Zone 4)? If I wanted to get the parts myself, is there a recommended website to buy from? I've seen dozens of sites that all seem to sell the elements (65101884) but 90% of them look like spam/dodgy sites.

Any advice for negotiating a fairer price?

Thanks,

Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Thanks. I did try some other engineers and one...
Replies
Views
P
U
How about you get someone in who is qualified...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
M
Yeah just waiting to see how that one unfolds
Replies
Views
J
bitter? This language won't be tolerated!
2 3
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back