Inconsistence from Gas Safe engineers on a boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Inconsistence from Gas Safe engineers on a boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but the responses are completely wrong, one calling the OP a winging Bstard, I would ban for that, imagine you are that bloke, disabled and feel like you are getting ripped off, you explain it as best as possible and get abuse and then banned!! plumbing forum doing plumbers proud again!!

The worst thing is that most people have not even read the whole post!!

Explaining as best as he could Jase? By starting of by questioning whether the title "engineer" is deserved, suggesting we are all incompetent rip-off merchants? Using derogatory language about the whole profession? Did you actually read the full post?

But hey ho, its fine as long as we listen to each other moaning about custards as long as custards aren't moaning about us!!

Actually I can think of many, many threads where we have supported customers who have been ripped off, advised on how to deal with cowboys, even one of the lads went round and fixed some previous shoddy work. Hardly a one-sided attitude on this forum.

It's true though, as much as we all call ourselves it, we are not engineers in the correct context.

The responses give the trade a bad name in my opinion and it's no wonder people try to DIY when we present ourselves as abnoctious unhelpful and arrogant. Believe it or not their are non qualified members of the public who are allowed an opinion as well.

Whether or not you agree is up to you but there is no need to be disrespectful.

Some people need to jump off their high horse and take a reality check. We're all guilty of a moan especially if we feel like it's someone else's fault. You should hear yourselves when you feel the need to belittle electricians for your own self gratification.

Last edited:
if we had sent a team of "engineers" to his house free of charge her wouldnt have been satisfied

It's true though, as much as we all call ourselves it, we are not engineers in the correct context.

The responses give the trade a bad name in my opinion and it's no wonder people try to DIY when we present ourselves as abnoctious unhelpful and arrogant. Believe it or not their are non qualified members of the public who are allowed an opinion as well.

Whether or not you agree is up to you but there is no need to be disrespectful.

Some people need to jump off their high horse and take a reality check. We're all guilty of a moan especially if we feel like it's someone else's fault. You should hear yourselves when you feel the need to belittle electricians for your own self gratification.

Spot on mate.

I think this forum needs to go back to the way it was, all it is now is people whinging and shooting down people for asking questions.

I understand that people can't mess with their own heating systems and such, but maybe instead of shooting them down and saying "read the rules you idiot" we could ask them questions like we used to, like "is your room stat on?" Or "what's your pressure like?"

obviously, if these questions where answered and the boiler or whatever still didn't work then we would draw a line and say get someone on, plus the work is more likely to go to a member if we have treated a new member with respect.

I dont post in open forums anymore because it's all nonsense anyway :(

and by answering people's questions we aren't taking work away from people, as most people on here moan about customers and call outs anyway :(

i think the whole place needs to be more relaxed and friendly to new users

Spot on mate.

I think this forum needs to go back to the way it was, all it is now is people whinging and shooting down people for asking questions.

I understand that people can't mess with their own heating systems and such, but maybe instead of shooting them down and saying "read the rules you idiot" we could ask them questions like we used to, like "is your room stat on?" Or "what's your pressure like?"

obviously, if these questions where answered and the boiler or whatever still didn't work then we would draw a line and say get someone on, plus the work is more likely to go to a member if we have treated a new member with respect.

I dont post in open forums anymore because it's all nonsense anyway :(

and by answering people's questions we aren't taking work away from people, as most people on here moan about customers and call outs anyway :(

i think the whole place needs to be more relaxed and friendly to new users

shuuuut up

Also, getting a tradesman in, is a daunting thought for some people. And shooting them down just breeds a formula where DIY fixes will take place :(

well i have jase and have dealt with the op directly, also via pm,so i would strongly recommend you keep your ill informed opinions to yourself
Your a moderator speaking to me like dirt! Thank you, true colours and all that! What u going to do? Ban me for telling the truth?

So, we tried the help the guy and got pretty much ignored, he then came back blasting the profession again.
Jase, gasman also tried to help him via pm.

So, we tried the help the guy and got pretty much ignored, he then came back blasting the profession again.
Jase, gasman also tried to help him via pm.

Yeah, but come on mate, people still need to be spoken to with respect :)

Yes I understand this after reading the first thread but lame plumber called him a bustard, this should surely be a ban? Shouldn't it? We are not allowed to swear on the forum yet lame has just got away with it! Further to this as I have been told hundreds of times! If you have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all!

Yeah, but come on mate, people still need to be spoken to with respect :)

bloke was being a total prat tom,i did try to help but he really wanted me to tell him how to fix it,he started slagging everyone off and even after i tried to help him he complained to redsaw about me ,he was not going away short of being told how to fix it,so got binned

bloke was being a total prat tom,i did try to help but he really wanted me to tell him how to fix it,he started slagging everyone off and even after i tried to help him he complained to redsaw about me ,he was not going away short of being told how to fix it,so got binned

I was on about the comment made to jase mate.

I thought it was harsh, considering the blokes a regular contributor and has loads of posts

I do! However I also know my own opinion and don't jump on the band wagon when everyone else shoots someone down just to make myself feel better for 5 minutes!!

Jase you are a bell end. Im not jumping on the band wagon, I have always had that opinion of you.

I was on about the comment made to jase mate.

I thought it was harsh, considering the blokes a regular contributor and has loads of posts

i am sure jase is man enough to ignore it probably,i had enough nonsense to deal with the one who got banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back