boiler engineer or electrician? | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler engineer or electrician? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tip is if as an engineer you are ever in doubt or concerned about pipes or wiring in your working area, firstly do all the checks you can to ensure it is safe, and if still concerned only touch things with the back of your hand until confirmed safe. The reason being is that if you do touch a live, your muscles spasm and grip on to whatever your touching... If its RCD protected you just get a shock. If its old style or somethings faulty, you might get fried, and if no ones there to get you off it, you are in big trouble!

If you do get help off your mate hope he don't just try to pull you off or you will end up with a daisy chain of dead plumbers. RIP in heaven we will unite

As all have said above , There is a serious wiring error. If the earthing was correct then the RCD's should be tripping. So deffinately a wiring fault and incorrect earthing arrangement.

Ok. Update. It seems the boiler engineer was right. It wasn't anything he did that caused the problem. The fault was pre existing. Two things came to light following an electrical inspection today. Firstly, someone had disconnected the earths in the main fusebox and secondly, when I put a picture up in the lounge a few years back it seems that I drilled through a cable. Not content with drilling through it just the once...oh no...i had to drill through it three times before I was completely finished! So it was my fault. The installation of the boiler simply served to create a new 'quickest' exit point.

Glad you've got to the bottom of it and its been safely resolved. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
Back