Boiler Firing on and off once heating is on | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Firing on and off once heating is on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jwelch

I'm not sure if the boiler should do this or not, but i've recently moved into a rented house. Heating works fine, radiators heat up and have hot water at the times I set, however once the heating is up and running and I assume up to the boiler temp, the boiler will repeatedly fire off for approx 20-30 seconds then fire up for a bit longer than off again and will continue to fir on and off unless I turn the thermostat down to switch off the heating or turn the dial for the boler temp down. If I turn the boler temp down it will eventually start firing on and off again. Is this normal? Apart from this the heating system seems to be working fine, I just thought it was a bit weird for the boiler to do this. The boiler is Triancogas 24/45.

Thanks
James

It's the room thermostat maintaining the desired temperature. If your house is not very well insulated, heat will quickly be lost when the boiler goes out. So the temperature will drop and the thermostat will turn the boiler on again.

Some modern wall thermostats are very sensitive and there is only a one degree difference between boiler on and boiler on.

As you are in a rented property, and if you are in receipt of benefits, you may be entitled to free insulation. Google for Warmfront. The landlord has to give permission for the work to be done, but it will not cost him a penny and he cannot put the rent up for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Hi John, yes I think you are spot on, if the...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Back